Need help?

Golden globes live broadcast

8 REPLIES 8
BoxOffice

Re: Golden globes live broadcast

@krugie wrote:

@JeanP wrote:

Yes Lucy lui/liu Andy sanburg sucked.

It was Sandra Oh Man LOLMan LOLMan LOL  but yeah... they sucked!

Haha now that was awkward. Would it be too insensitive to say (well they both Asian American)  

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Highlighted
Trending

@JeanP wrote:

Yes Lucy lui/liu Andy sanburg sucked.

It was Sandra Oh Man LOLMan LOLMan LOL  but yeah... they sucked!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Yes Lucy lui/liu Andy sanburg sucked. Some nice nominees but a lot of my favourites didn't win

How the hell did sharp object win anything 

Carol Burnett and Jeff bridges was very good 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Trending

It is just bad planning/scheduling. I have never in my life seen a live award show that didn't over-run it's allocated time. That is the reason why we always have filler programs scheduled after the live Oscar broadcast (which I then always set to record as well) - at least 30 minutes but often an hour - so that those programs can be removed from the schedule if needed.

Having said that (off topic - sorry!), I found this year's Golden Globes ceremony - including the not-very-funny hosts - to be one of the most boring award shows in a very long time. Even the nominated shows and movies were often well below par. And the venue looked like they tried to fit 300 people in a 100-seater venue - people almost had to climb over each other to reach the stage. Carol Burnett was the only highlight for me.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Action

@Thoko_DStv1 wrote:

You would be surprised... There were people who actually stayed up for the movie. 

I would be surprised...Cat Surprised

You would be surprised... There were people who actually stayed up for the movie. 

Action

@Thoko_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @JeanP,

We hear you and we apologise for the inconvenience.Due to an important Football Game in the US, the Golden Globes ceremony started a little late in the US. Our broadcast was live from the US and the ceremony was scheduled to start immediately after the Football Game. The ceremony also over-ran and we had to made provision for the movie that was scheduled to start at 06:00. 

Would not really watch this live, but is a movie really more important than a live special event?

Hi @JeanP,

We hear you and we apologise for the inconvenience.Due to an important Football Game in the US, the Golden Globes ceremony started a little late in the US. Our broadcast was live from the US and the ceremony was scheduled to start immediately after the Football Game. The ceremony also over-ran and we had to made provision for the movie that was scheduled to start at 06:00. 

BoxOffice

Golden globes live broadcast

The live broadcast of the golden globes at 3am was cut short, a notice did pop up not very helpful though 

--Explora 1 & 2a--