cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

MC, a response please

Trending

Re: MC, a response please

I also just noticed something new - my one failed recording simply says "Unable to Record".

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

I've just seen that I got my first "Program not found" error with Graham Norton.

Doin' it 4 Tv

I reported earlier that Strike Back did record on My Explora 2A but looking at the recording length at only 38 minutes which would include adds and the CU length of 46 minutes that recording would also  be incomplete. It is worrying that the decoder did not pickup the error and will not rerecord the repeat to rectify the error. Had we relied on this recording being on holiday we would have missed halve of the episode.

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Nominee

I'll comment for our understanding, just not interested in helping MC in working out their self-caused disasters sliding.

I disagree re ID mistakes, the system has been near perfectly stable before and is now highly unstable and with a lot of different series examples.

However I agree re the group-updating factor, may be the reason why we're seeing the grouping behaviour with failures.

It's even possible that this is parallel with CU delivery failures appearing to be grouped, and fixing that may even be the reason for the "efforts" MC are making that's causing all of this.

Re Graham Norton - my recording tried to fail as well.

And a special thanks to BBC Brit, yet again the program scheduling ran late anyway which just added to our woes (only adjusted on the last day again).

Red Carpet

Yes because it is so random it reinforces my view that all these issues are due to tampering with event IDs and CH IDs. It depends on when each and every decoder gets the update to the decoder.

Settings that don't show up in the list of failed recordings ore definitely ones where the IDs have been changed. The sw can't find it so it can't record it or report it. If the item has already been scheduled into the 24 hour window, it will appear in the daily list and then just dissapear. If it is in the daily list and the ID changes while in the list, it will fail because it searches for it and can't find it. If the changes happens before the 24 hour window, then the item should be scheduled into the daily list at all.

If some channels are ignoring the 24 hour window and make changes whenever they like the situation gets worse.

On top of all of this is the current transponder fiddles going on.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Trending

And then they wonder why they've been loosing customers pfft 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Trending

So much for Renewed interest 😡😡

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Red Carpet

The timing issue is very complex. Not all decoders respond to EPG changes at the same time. Not all models do the same at the same time. MC has stated before that they schedule updates to decoders in groups. The decoders themselves update at different times depending on how busy the local processor is as well. So I am not surprised when I see differences between my decoders.

The issue is that the basic rules about how to ensure a stable RPG are being violated.

There should be a firm cut off date after which NO changes to the EPG are allowed, per channel. It used be fixed at midnight 24 hours before. Now it seems it is a free for all.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

@MadCat wrote:

Again last night, 7 recordings set, only 4 found this morning.

Animal Kingdom - not recorded, not failed, not reschuduled

Stike Back - not recorded, not failed, not reschuduled

Graham Norton - not recorded, programme not found, reschuduled

These things are totally random. Graham Norton recorded successfully on both my Exploras. It was my only planned recording for the night - apart from 2 failed ones for the previous day - which both also worked. This includes Condor but Condor was different compared to the other issues - I had to delete and re-set the series recording for Condor. Others re-appeared automatically after a reboot.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

@GeoffD wrote:

In this instance, the chances are that the program not found error is/was due to the event and/or channel IDs were changed after the setting was done. The cure is to delete the setting and then reset it.

Hi @GeoffD - there is definitely more to it than just the event or channel ID changes. Almost all the issued I had occurred on one Explora but not the other - and I have the exact same recordings set on both (priorities sometimes differ where there are conflicts) and they were set at the same time (minutes apart). Each of the two Explora had issues with some programs but in most cases it was different programs that were affected on each one. If it was just an ID issue then the same programs should fail on both at the same time?

There are two issues: The ones that say Program Not Found generally get re-scheduled (although that version might also not work) but others just totally disappear - even though they still showed on the schedule to be recorded shortly before the recording is meant to start. They don't appear as a failed recording and they do not get re-scheduled. And in both cased the episode for the following week does show as being scheduled to record.