Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

MC, a response please

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: MC, a response please

@MadCat wrote:

Again last night, 7 recordings set, only 4 found this morning.

Animal Kingdom - not recorded, not failed, not reschuduled

Stike Back - not recorded, not failed, not reschuduled

Graham Norton - not recorded, programme not found, reschuduled

And so it has come to pass as predicted: I am unable to record Graham Norton. The repeat I normally record late night Tuesday was not there, so I attempted to record the 8pm screening. unfortunately the 2 repeats now clash with other recordings which cannot be moved.

Thanks MC (major sarcasm!).

All this started when they messed around during the airing or with the EPG scheduling of Hawaii five O

The Hawaii recording split into two recordings 15 min and 45 min 

NCIS then failed showing as programme not found and Animal Kingdom just disappeared but Sticke Back did record on the 2A

Please see my post at https://community.dstv.com/t5/EXPLORA/No-PVR-Subscription/m-p/6813#M593

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Trending

And that is why I love my two old decoders. Record 4 capability allows me to most of the time get what I want and I just about only set MRs and TBRs.

I have written off the EPG based scheduling as an exercise in futility years ago.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Action

Again last night, 7 recordings set, only 4 found this morning.

Animal Kingdom - not recorded, not failed, not reschuduled

Stike Back - not recorded, not failed, not reschuduled

Graham Norton - not recorded, programme not found, reschuduled

And so it has come to pass as predicted: I am unable to record Graham Norton. The repeat I normally record late night Tuesday was not there, so I attempted to record the 8pm screening. Unfotunately the 2 repeats now clash with other recordings which cannot be moved.

Thanks MC (major sarcasm!).

Trending

I am a firm believer in using MRs instead of SBRs. In this instance, the chances are that the program not found error is/was due to the event and/or channel IDs were changed after the setting was done. The cure is to delete the setting and then reset it.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Sceduled recording of ncis tonight showed programe not found. Saw it just in time to set a manual recording

BoxOffice

The repeat of Better Call Saul (Sundance) - which never even originally got scheduled last night (on 2 x Explora 1s) - failed today with Program Not Found on one Explora 1 and the same repeat recorded successfully on the 2nd Explora 1. There is no hope...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

If there wasn't a problem with Condor being reported here ...   I would've missed it Smiley Happy  Thanks .....

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Red Carpet

Condor seems to be last night's main concern, for me too. So maybe a clue for MC as to when the prob was rearing its ugly head last night.

There was at least an admission about this in another thread, but no details as is usual these days;

@ltshizane_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @LaChelle, we are aware of this and our technical team is working on fixing it, apologies for the inconvenience.~

Action

@krugie wrote:

I had the same issue with Condor and also some other programs last night - as I posted in @MadCat's Sunday thread. The only way I could get condor to record the repeat was to delete and re-schedule my series recordings - but the other programmes corrected themselves by doing a reboot.

Don't even expect an official response - it has become custom over the last months on here in MANY posts that there is no response when they are proven to be in the wrong and it can't be blamed on installations. It seems the policy is not to admit any wrong doing in writing.

Agree, it's never their fault. Somehow my installation always gets blamed, or even worse, MC treat me like I'm not an adult with a modicum of intelligence in making my tv viewing work for me.

Action

@GeoffD wrote:

The answer is simple MadCat. MC is going to do nothing. You have to do as we all do, constantly check to see what is happening and fix the issues yourself by deleting settings that are not working and reschecduling them.

Something went wrong for us over the weekend, messing with service authentication and all sorts of other things. Subscribers were affected differently, decoders were not all impacted in the same way and it seems it was even content and channel specific.

The only answer is what it has always been. You have to feed the baby, burp it and changes its nappies at least once every 24 house if not more often.

It is a long time since we have had all decoders working all at the same time. This issue will never stop until MC stop tampering with the system.

I'm too old (and after a long work day, too tired) to be looking after a baby.

MC, seriously, sort yourself out!