cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

MC, a response please

Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: MC, a response please

Set manual recordings for 9 series - nothing missing this morning.

BoxOffice

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

@Jan-Horn There is a general scheduling issue and we have notified the team, there is a fix being deployed but we will further engage and update on the progress thereof. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the feedback Cya

@Geoff

No conflicts in my scheduling. I check for conflict twice a day, early in the morning because Pointless usually conflict with the first recording of the day and I do a rescheduling to record the next morning, Then the second check around 17:00 if we are home. 

My scheduling for yesterday

Macgyver               17:00 

Hawaii                    18:00

NCIS                      20:00     did not record and no programme not found listed in failed recordings

The Blacklist         21:00

Animal Kingdom   22:00  No recording no error message

Strike Back           23:00  Recorded only 38 minutes 

Nothing scheduled after that until 02:55 on 24/10 the rescheduled Pointless

The above schedule has been in place for long time now and only changes made were when series ended and replaced with another one. 

The  default safety net is in place and it worked well for us since we got the Explora

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Doin' it 4 Tv

@Jan-Horn There is a general scheduling issue and we have notified the team, there is a fix being deployed but we will further engage and update on the progress thereof. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Showmaxed

@GeoffD  , here you go;

Explora 1 errors.jpg

It's usually completely empty.

Red Carpet

@Jan-Horn,

That "double recording" I am pretty sure is triggered by the Open time issue. It is just too coincidental for my liking. Theoretically, that should be impossible if scheduled recordings are working properly. The first one was long enough for the recording to be marked as already recorded and therefore would not be re-scheduled. On the older decoders, if I remember correctly, it is 9 minutes or was 9 minutes.

The same applies to the 38-minute recording.  Was it possible that a conflict terminated the first recording in favour of another one?

Unfortunately, all the details I had gathered about how recordings work on the Explora decoders has been lost.

@Optimist

Could you post a screenshot of the Explora error list, please?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

I'll end by saying that we've seen there's a much wider than just basic scheduling problem going on, none of which is consistent anyway, so what is being recognised would appear to be more about symptoms than causes.

And unfortunately the Explora error logs leave much to be desired, they're not a shadow of past methods and often offer nothing at all.

BoxOffice

@Tshepo_DStv1Could you or one of the mods please respond to this thread. It really need urgent attention from MC

@GeoffD 

Some feedback regarding the recordings. 

All my series recordings are SBR. The scheduling is done mostly a week before the first airing when it first appears on the EPG. 

The recording errors started about a week ago but the first few errors were marked with the normal circle exclamation  mark indicating the decoder picked up that there was a recording error. But the errors that occurred last night had non of that. Recording error 1.jpgRecording error 2.jpg

Here are two more screen shots 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

There is only one explanation why that happens and that is because the IDs for that event changed AFTER the settings were done and the setting could not find it anymore.

Whether this was programmatically done, or triggered by an EPG change done incorrectly, or by some or other fancy security measure is actually irrelevant. 

The decoder sw had a valid setting. It displayed that event as scheduled within the 24-hour window, and then a change happened, which on the older decoders would NOT have been allowed and now it could not find the event. As far as that individual setting was concerned, it was just gone.

When all the work was done on implementing series-recording functionality on the SD PVR, I was deeply involved in the FT process.  That is where the 24-hour window idea came from. Changes were possible up until then, after which the settings were "frozen" and could no longer be changed. Now, it seems everything is open until just before the event and even the 24-hour window seems to be on a rolling basis, EPG instability will and does cause chaos!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

So to try and get a handle on these issues, we have to report everything we know about the failed settings.

Date and time when the setting was first set.

The event, series, season, time and date, channel.

The failure and its reported failure message.

And then it would be hugely beneficial if we could either be told or work out what the messages actually mean.

Now I can't do this because you may recall, that for the 4 tuner decoders, the list of failed items was removed from being able to be viewed by a user. It may still exist and stored but we can't see it anymore.  It was brought back in the sw for the Explora.

So it may be of some help if a screenshot could be posted of that list showing the detail for a failed event.

Red Carpet

I just tried for the 3rd time to post an explanation of why I think it is because there are changes to the IDs taking place, only to have the post deleted each time by the blasted "autosave" process!

I have had it now. NOT going to try again.

In the old days, we could see what happened in the log file and analyse these things. Now we can't anymore ( or I cant ).

The decoder sw can only do as it has been told to do based on the info available at the time when the schedule was set. IF the references ( IDs) are changed, AND the setting does not update accordingly it will fail. So the core reason why these schedules are failing is that for whatever reason, the IDS are changing (not because the change is a mistake)AND the schedule detail is not updating.

So, until MC does something about sorting out why there are so many ID changes taking place, or addresses why the changes are not being updated for the scheduled items, the mess will continue.