Welcome to EPG

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

NO EPG Available on quite a few channels.

11 REPLIES 11
New poster

Re: NO EPG Available on quite a few channels.

Thanks. The EPG on my decoder is also now restored.

Trending

I first noticed the issue shortly after midnight, but because of some TBRs in progress, did not reboot then.

Rebooted after 08:00, which had no effect.

Then this evening I watched the issue disappear by itself when MCs service authentication process did its thing just after 19:00.

So no, I don't believe reboots ever help with these EPG issues.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

I don't think the problem is solved - I am still having problems with the EPG on my HD PVR. Did you do a reboot?

Highlighted
Trending

So, just after 19:00, coinciding with another round of freezes and stuttering during another service authentication process, the EPG was restored. Just in time to ensure that the normal evening recordings would take place.

It would be really useful if we got FB as to what was wrong.

Channel 137 TNT A SD disappeared off the EPG, now only listing the HD version instead of both.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

Okay, thanks.  Don't normally much attention to the fiddling channel names.  Most of the time these marketing gimmicks are just that, gimmicks, not having much effect on the content.

Red Carpet

@GeoffD wrote:

Also ch 137 SD and ch137 HD should not both visible, and certainly NOT the Africa versions because I am in SA.

Re the name factor of this - what they did with 137 HD (and SD as well no doubt) is recently add the word "Africa" to the channel title, that's now the only version on IS20/36.

We've taken this up with our techies @GeoffD. We'll revert back soon. 

Trending

Thanks for the response, but I have two 4 tuner HD PVRs, BOTH showing exactly the same situation, both subjected to a full reboot, and both have had no EPG for the channels listed since just after midnight.

Now, ch 101 has been added to the list, presumably because it is open time.

Also ch 137 SD and ch137 HD should not both visible, and certainly NOT the Africa versions because I am in SA.

Just another example of the ENDLESS messing around with service authentication, we are continually subjected to!

BTW, with this issue, NO EBR based recordings or SBR based recordings are possible either. BUT good old TBRs are working fine!

Red Carpet

BTW (By The Way), besides him giving the most technically knowledgeable help on the forum, he doesn't have an Explora in use so the parrot answer you were given wouldn't have applied anyway.

Red Carpet

Hahahahahaha!

@Julia_DStv1  , ask your colleagues who GeoffD is...

Nope, the problem is with MC's systems.