Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Online TV Guide search function still useless

2 REPLIES 2
BoxOffice

Re: Online TV Guide search function still useless

@Optimist wrote:

Only 5 repeats of each? You're lucky @krugie  , try "Air Crash" - I got what looked like far, far more repeat entries when trying it this week!Mad.jpg

That was just on page one - I didn't bother looking further than that. Man LOLMan LOLMan LOL

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Re: Online TV Guide search function still useless

Only 5 repeats of each? You're lucky @krugie  , try "Air Crash" - I got what looked like far, far more repeat entries when trying it this week!Mad.jpg

EDIT: It appeared to be so many as I had then clicked on "Show All", in case the st00pid thing had missed what I was looking for. But just did a count - actually only 7 repeats, the episodes are also repeated by the channel many times within a week which made it look like far more. Anyway... certainly still a mad result!

A glimmer of hope though - I remember MoM saying they were working on replacing the whole thing. May be ready in 2 or 3 years then, if the economy holds enough for that...

BoxOffice

Online TV Guide search function still useless

Months & months after reporting this - if not years & years - the search function on the online TV Guide (DSTV website) is still as useless as ever. One of the most basic things in programming 101 can't be achieved - i.e. searching for and eliminating duplicates.

I did a search on the website for the upcoming BBC Earth series Dynasties as I'm sure I saw an on-screen ad saying it starts on 11 Nov - but it was nowhere to be found. Turns out is actually only starts on 18 Nov (and episode 1 will debut on BBC Earth, BBC Brit & BBC Lifestyle at the same time just like episode 1 of Planet Earth II).

However, the wonderful online guide search function is again/still returning 5 occurrences of each airing. The first 15 search results (searching for the word Dynasties) are 5 each for BBC Earth, BBC Brit & BBC Lifestyle - all at  15:59 on 18 November. So scrolling through 15 results I have still actually only managed to see 3 unique airings of episode 1. How is this useful (let alone acceptable) to anyone? And, even more importantly, how can such a "simplest of simple things" not be resolved after all these years? It should be achievable by an entry-level programmer in less than a day! I lost count ages ago of the number of times this issue has been reported...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).