Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Other airings - across different channels

1 REPLY 1
Red Carpet

Re: Other airings - across different channels

Well,  On e-tv ch 194 and 195, this functionality now works for the first time since sometime week before last. Now I don't know if this is because e-tv appears to comply with the requirements for series detail on the EPG, or, because some or other sw update took place.

Assuming it is the former, then it means the channels concerned are not complying with the EPG frequirements on all channels affected.

For me however, I actually do not like this functionality at all, and would much prefer if series recording functionality is restricted to a channel. I actually want to set two series schedules, one for each channel as a back up ......

I have thus converted the one to a TBR .....

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Other airings - across different channels

I don't really see much point is reporting things like this on here anymore but maybe someone will benefit from it. I picked up last night that the Other Airings function on the Explora EPG doesn't always work correctly across channels - the only reason can be incorrect data on the EPG.

Toks & Tjops on kykNET picked up other airings of the same episode on kykNET & Kie - but not airings of the same program on Supersport 1 & 8. The Supersport channels - in the same way - only showed the other airings on each other - and not the airings on the kykNET channels.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).