6 REPLIES 6
Trending

Re: StarLife to launch 27 Aug in HD

I'd also like enca in last etv channel not in HD

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Nominee

Ok.

Guess I've lost much of my sense of humour ;-)

Personally I would like to see BBC World in HD first (Sky News became too "villagey" (locally focused) IMO).

Trending

Even a lot of the older content were already shot in HD long before SA started getting HD - and some series (like Friends) have also since been re-mastered in HD.

I'm sure not everything is available in HD though - but that hasn't stopped other channels from upgrading. Man LOL

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Trending

Lots of CC programing is new. South Park, corporate, the roasts, the daily show, snl to name a few

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Nominee

Last I saw, Comedy Central mostly has really old content - am I wrong guys, does it really deserve HD?

Highlighted
Trending

Yip that sounds right. If not August they definitely promised before Years end would love Nat Geo or Comedy Central in HD

But I suppose SA does have a rather large Indian population so we should cater for them too

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Trending

StarLife to launch 27 Aug in HD

Again, no proper section available in the community to post such things but, since the EPG will be affected, I chose the EPG section. Man LOL

Thinus reports that we will be  getting another Bollywood channel - StarLife - launching on 27 Aug in HD on channel 167. He also questions the need for the channel and whether it will be offering anything different from what is already available in the genre.

Personally I would much rather have channels like Comedy Central, Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild upgraded to HD. Which reminds me, when is the promised new Discovery channel launching? This was announced when Animal Planet was removed - and I am pretty sure the announcement say "by August".... which has only 11 days left.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).