Welcome to EPG

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The useless Online Guide - ongoing reports...

Trending

Re: The useless Online Guide - ongoing reports...

I agree with @Optimist - I can't understand that, after literally years and years of pointing out all the issues, basically nothing has ever been changed or fixed. It must be the most useless search facility on the entire Internet and navigation is like a blind person trying to drive a Formula 1 race. Given that all other options of us exploring content is being taken away, this should the of the utmost highest priority to get sorted and fixed once and for all!

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Thank you @TebogoM_DStv1  , and please also note that there are many, many other related Online Guide posts and devoted threads mostly made these days by regulars such as @GeoffD  , @MadCat  , @krugie  , and others - please ensure they are all looked at again as little that was mentioned has ever been fixed.

(And there are tons more on the old forum.)

Hi @Optimist

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have forwarded to the team. We will refer back once we get feedback. 

Red Carpet

BTW, most of Thurs. the 23rd has been messed up for almost a week now - @Julia_DStv1  and @TebogoM_DStv1  and @Grace_DStv1  - please would you have them attend to it. Thank you

online guide blank sections 2.jpg

And while we're at it, can anyone tell me why there's a lookup procedure going on when this guide first loads in a normal internet browser that involves connecting to Google and FaceBook among other odd places???? No wonder it's so sloooow!

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Have a look at this pic again - beneath the date line, note the line that shows the times (after the "Channels" heading);

online guide blank sections.jpg

For those who haven't discovered it, if one clicks and drags the mouse left or right while remaining anywhere on those time parts of that line it allows for a more accurate shifting of the guide's time periods that are under examination.

BUT...... it only works once or twice. Then it either becomes paralysed or starts incorrectly associating itself with and creating a movement with the date line above it!!

Rubbish software MC.

You do it to yourselves MC.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

One of my worst - you try to click on an entry to see the details, and the whole thing snaps back to the first part of the listing of channels (100, 101, etc.), so if you were looking quite far down the list you have to awkwardly scroll back there all over again! Happens endlessly!

Since it's unlikely to get fixed - there is a "fix" for this;

When first arriving at the correct channel's line, click on anything to see its detail. The position will then usually hold as one scrolls right or left through the time periods, or changes the day.

MC - this is perhaps your most important tool beyond the decoders, shame on you for not fixing it!! Never mind the practicalities for most it seems, as long as you look good helping those handicapped with their needs you'll keep your image... actually, no, people are not fooled.

Red Carpet

One of my worst - you try to click on an entry to see the details, and the whole thing snaps back to the first part of the listing of channels (100, 101, etc.), so if you were looking quite far down the list you have to awkwardly scroll back there all over again! Happens endlessly!

Red Carpet

Continuing, while I still have the patience...

1. All too often day 14 is very late arriving on any day, yesterday it still hadn't been added after 11:00 am.

2. Wrong synopses never stop. Portuguese equivalents, wrong versions of movies, an endless lack of professionalism.

3. A new issue happening quite regularly is gaps in the guide for certain channels on certain days, which can happen on any day so not just on the later days as this example pic is showing. (Also seen on decoder EPGs sometimes as well.)

online guide blank sections.jpg

Red Carpet

The useless Online Guide - ongoing reports...

Today I did a search re the famous show "CSI" which has been repeating on a couple of channels recently.

It found CSI Miami and CSI Cyber on Fox and Universal, but couldn't find either season 1 or 2 of the original CSI  on Universal until I typed out the full name - that even though the word "CSI" is also part of that series' name on those EPG titles.

That again reveals that the current search engine is useless.

@MC  - why haven't all these problems with this guide, reported for many, many years, ever been fixed????