Welcome to EPG

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The useless Online Guide - ongoing reports...

Red Carpet

Re: The useless Online Guide - ongoing reports...

Thurs. 23rd was never fixed properly, if you do manage to load it it's still missing any details for channels like 104, 108, 121, 123...

BTW MC, the 23rd is... tomorrow.

Red Carpet

I will say that the online guide is suddenly working quite a lot faster than it usually does these days.

And I was planning to end with an example of the "Other Airings" listings still not working compared to the guide's search results, after years of reports about it. But it will have to wait until I find one again, it's just been fixed... maybe it was just an update from the channel (140).

Red Carpet

Apologies to anyone who saw my last post before I deleted it, I thought things had quickly been fixed with that missing left control arrow.

Nope, what I actually saw is that it is visible when channel 100 was initially still visible and I hadn't yet moved the focus off that line.

I've also since seen that the problem is browser version or operating system (OS) related as far as Firefox goes - completely fine on Ubuntu, no good on XP (which can't get updates for that browser software anymore, and many people still use that MC.)

But being XP it's in all fairness no longer a train smash, unless those with something more modern also have the problem.

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Here's one more report I'll add as I don't think it's been mentioned before.

Note the green-circled right arrow for movement on the right side.

Note the red-circled area that's missing the left arrow for movement on the left side.

How are we supposed to move back in the list of channels here MC??!

online guide list - no left arrow.jpg

Done.

Red Carpet

@GeoffD wrote:

Maybe all the programmers are currently trying to help Boeing with their sw problems?

Seems there is a need in the World to completely rethink sw development across the board.

Yep, more of that "AI" self-delusion they're all drowning in... seems everyone suddenly forgot how poor some of the world markets' on-going and foundational related s/w releases are and the scrambling efforts they have to keep making to keep patching it all.

Very weird, like many of them have lost their minds en masse. Maybe due to there being few top leaders and everyone else being sheep...

Red Carpet

Sun. 26th and Fri. 31st now working.

(Sometimes just trying again will fix an incident like the first one, but the second one is just timing.)

Red Carpet

Maybe all the programmers are currently tryingvto help Boeing with their sw problems?

Seems there is a need in the World to completely rethink sw development across the board.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Thank you to those who are now making effort with this, but I'll reserve judgement on the value of that.

Next:

Besides our earlier concerns, there's also the concern regarding why it takes viewers reporting these things for them even to be noticed???

Without proper and regular QA you will surely die MC!

BTW, despite this attention the Thurs. 23rd setup is still largely screwed up!!

Also couldn't get info for next Sun. 26th to work at all this morning! And naturally, although listed, day 14 (Fri. 31st) isn't working yet even though half a day has passed!

Endless rubbish service in far too many divisions MC!!!! And too many wake-up calls, your lack of urgency or even usually any response with it has mostly lost my interest!

Hi @Optimist and @krugie

Apologies for the delayed response. We have requested an update. Incidents are still under investigation and feedback will be given once received.

Trending

As a matter of fact, the online guide accessible from the dstv.com website can't even be searched. The Search function at the top searches the  DSTV website  - and not the TV Guide. I don't know what superpower we are meant to use when trying to find something...

The useless non-functional Search is still available from guide.dstv.com but there is no link to this guide from the DSTV website - probably because it is such an embarrassment! And why are there two version in the first place?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).