Welcome to EPG

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The useless Online Guide - ongoing reports...

30 REPLIES 30
Nominee

Re: The useless Online Guide - ongoing reports...

@Luke7777 wrote:

Seems the online guide is also on strike Smiley Happy 

However, the old one is still working

BTW, the old one currently can't do searches or Other Airings.

Not that the new one ever could search... or did that change?? Is it still so slow, what's the attraction?

Doin' it 4 Tv

Seems the online guide is also on strike Smiley Happy 

Scheduled maintenance

DStv Self Service is currently unavailable due to a system upgrade. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

However, the old one is still working

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Nominee

And the same mix-up on at least one of those other repeat slots!

Wow MC, you've become a backwards company! I'm getting very close to walking away from this rubbish

Highlighted
Nominee

Sun. the 9th @  11:20 on 108 - which of these is correct????

epg - sun 9 @ 1120.jpg

OR

epg - sun 9 @ 1120 - other reality.jpg

Sheeeeshhhh!!! :-((((

Nominee

@Optimist wrote:

Personal feedback re the movie mix-up not required, but thanks.

However, I've got more feedback for them...

In the end, the version of "Panic" on 108 Sundance TV did not get shown last night - even though the EPG never got updated they ended up showing "The Social Network" again instead! (Story of the founder of FaceBook.)

There's no further sign of this version of "Panic" on the online guide, so if that's not a false search result then please ask the channel to reschedule, and let me know either way. TIA

Trending

@Optimist wrote:

The fact that very few contribute on this forum anymore should not lead to MC thinking that these suggestions and needs are not very popular.

Indeed - it is purely a reflection of lack of service and feedback being received on here.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Nominee

Some have always felt that the dates length of the online guide has never been long enough.

Now there's no way to get info past 2 weeks for many of the channels we watch, even the online magazine was discontinued.

There's many reasons why people want and need a longer guide, like those going on holiday overseas for 3 or 4 weeks, and those thinking about upgrading their DStv package for a month.

I'm going to suggest a 32 day guide, ensuring that a full month is always available to examine on any chosen visit.

Unlike on a decoder, there's no technical limitations in doing so, just challenges to face.

MC have always been able to put enough info together for the popular channels for a full month, and until these changes that could be done many months in advance. Yes, it loses accuracy the further we go, but most users will continue to naturally understand that.

The fact that very few contribute on this forum anymore should not lead to MC thinking that these suggestions and needs are not very popular.

Thank you for your considerations.

Nominee

Personal feedback re the movie mix-up not required, but thanks.

----------------------

I was pleased to find day 14 loaded by 7:00 this morning. Hopefully that ordinary task for a 24 hours-a-day service will continue now.

Hi @Optimist

We have forwarded to the team, and will refer back once we get feedback. 

Nominee

@TebogoM_DStv1  , @Grace_DStv1  , or other Mods , please report the following to the EPG compilation team.

Turns out that the film "Panic" that I used as an example a couple of posts before this, is not on two channels in the same time period but is actually TWO separate films that are both called "Panic".

Based on the synopses the one on 108 Sundance TV is correct with the release year being 2000, and the 106 M-Movies Action+ version is wrong as it was released in 2014 and not 2000 and it doesn't sound like a comedy at all.

How come MC with its "A.I." level capabilities didn't pick this up???