Welcome to EPG

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The useless Online Guides - ongoing reports...

BoxOffice

Re: The useless Online Guide - ongoing reports...

@jimb wrote:

I found out that you can programme Remote Recordings from the DSTV Now App from your iPhone or Android phone. That is the only way to schedule RR...

Depending on where I am at the time, I've used all the available methods of RR...  from browser to app Smiley Happy  Right now it's only the app , yes

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Highlighted
Doccie

The useless Online Guide - ongoing reports...

I found out that you can programme Remote Recordings from the DSTV Now App from your iPhone or Android phone. That is the only way to schedule RR...

Showmaxed

@Optimist wrote:

The corporate mind is a sick thing. Get well soon.

I guess that was going too far - I'm not normally a troll, but please consider how much better your image and the available assistance will be if this guide which is one of our main tools worked properly. We've been struggling with it for years!

I guess that's why you're replacing it. It's at least got a nice fresh new look, and once loaded does otherwise seem to work ok, on the whole.

As for the need to vertically scroll within the guide structure itself - what is needed is a visible vertical scroll bar please.

Doin' it 4 Tv

dstv guide.jpg

Seeing this, no GOT in sight.

Showmaxed

@MadCat  has now reported elsewhere that the new guide's content is inconsistent with alternatively sourced guide info. In this case regarding the Game Of Thrones repeats.

I've recently seen inconsistencies between the Explora EPG and the old guide, so not specifically new guide related it seems.

Either way, just a mess. I'm glad some aren't bothered by it, but that doesn't make any of it ok.

Enough from me.

BoxOffice

Using Chrome.... seems to behave well. That's my default browser, so no biggie Smiley Happy 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Doccie

Attached screenshot - still no access to the old guide..Useless web developers at MC.

Showmaxed

@MC  - did you know... that even if it were accurate here, there's no such thing as a browser that's out of date in Africa!

Tell your Google / Microsoft profit-interest partners that they're wasting their time trying that here, and are just costing you megabuck$ due to the frustrations caused which result in lost customers !

The corporate mind is a sick thing. Get well soon.

BoxOffice

I cannot log in to the new one using Edge and the old one after last nights software update gives me a 504 error. Edge do have the option to switch to using IE to open a website not compatible with Edge and I thought I would give it a try.

See my screen shot

Browser.JPG

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

I guess I'll try one last stab at this...

@Jan-Horn wrote:

Windows Edge also does not allow you to log in...

So definitely will need fixing MC, any way you look at it.

It's also still far too slow.

A couple of suggestions;

1. Allow the old guide to work until months have passed without reports of problems with the new one.

2. Don't make the search option need to only work when someone is logged on. What is the thoughtless purpose of that anyway, or is it just a backwards oversight?? Don't you want potential new clients investigating the possibilities?? Isn't it worth doing proper Beta testing?? Are you going to crash satellites' rockets next??

@Grace_DStv1  and other Mods, please ensure this is passed on as many will be struggling with it.

----------------------------

More tips;

1. Those struggling to scroll down or back up the list of channels in Grid mode (it's worse than the bad old guide was with this), you'll find that you can click and drag vertically easily if your mouse is positioned anywhere left of the "left scroll bar".

However, look out for accidentally selecting a favourite instead.

2. If you select some favourites and then select the My Favourites listing option, somehow it manages to remember who you are the next day (even though it supposedly doesn't know who you are), and you end up stuck in Favourites mode.

Solution - click on My Favourites again and although not obvious it will go back to normal mode.

Clearly needs a LOT of work MC !

How is it that you manage to allow this shoddy excuse for service to exist?? You're supposed to be at the top end of technology !

Idiots !