Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

A7 compared to A6 - revisited

7 REPLIES 7
BoxOffice

Re: A7 compared to A6 - revisited

Ink fading on the A7 is new to me. I've had my A7 nearly 2 years it shows no sign or wear or tear 

Can't comment on battery, but it's not often 

Yes speaking from experience the A7 is Miles faster and more responsive then A6 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Red Carpet

Yep, those buttons are in the same place on the A6 which was an annoying change for all of us ;-)

I'm still very disappointed about the lack of more advanced ability on the A7 despite the empty original promises.

And still nothing, absolutely nothing comes close to beating the A3 and its functionality... although I prefer the more modern feel.

One other issue I'll comment on - Slomo - it's ridiculous and unusable IMO, and I can't to this day understand why anyone likes its backwards way of working compared to the rest of the world's way.

Doin' it 4 Tv

No we never used the A6. The Explora 2A came with the A7. When I mentioned the position of the TV and Return buttons that is actually compared to what we were used to comparing it to the A4 of the Pace HD 2P. It may not be relevant to the A6 😆  

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

@Jan-Horn  , did you ever use the A6?

If so, which have you found to be more responsive?

In my usage the A7 seems to work fractionally faster / smoother with the Explora 1. Maybe too early to say though.

Anyone else that can comment on this?

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

To add my 2 cents worth.

I also found that the battery drain on the A7 is very high. I replaced the batteries twice in less than a year. After switching off the back light it seem to be back to normal battery life expectations.  

Ink fade, the fast forward and rewind buttons suffered most on our remote.  See my screen shot.

The positioning on the tv button and return button was a major irritationA7 Remote.jpg in the beginning but we got used to it.  

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

The A7 JP. But we all know ink fade on the A6 is a problem as well, though I think less fast.

BoxOffice

@Optimist@@Excuse me for being blonde. But search button and ink fading You're referring to A6 or A7

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Red Carpet

A7 compared to A6 - revisited

Can't find the original thread.

I've changed my mind - due to wanting the Showmax shortcut button I started using the A7 more and have now finally got used to all the changes.

I would say I now prefer it, but have the following reservations;

1. The Search button feels misplaced to me.

2. The Play / Pause button - poor shape and too small a size for its use IMO.

3. The backlighting - permanently off, don't people know it's been studied and deemed unhealthy for your eyes to watch TV in a dark room? (Low-light is ok.)

4. The centre wheel and its adjoining OK button;

a. Clicks can become irritating, possibly even disturbing late at night. A main reason I still keep my A6 handy.

b.The ink on this part is already fading - something that should surely have been overcome by now after all these years??

5. Spacing could improve a bit - it's hard to feel one's way around the clusters of buttons, and in particular the top group.