Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Add Explora as Holiday Card

4 REPLIES
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Add Explora as Holiday Card

In my case none of my available devices (Explora1, HD 5 or 1110) is part of my primary viewing experience, and therefor (I guess) they show up on my list of available devices to pick from. 

If I try adding one of my primary devices, I get "Device can not be linked'.  So I'm not sure how you would go about setting up a "primary viewing" device for holiday viewing. I don't like to mess around with my setup at home and the HD 5 series was cheap enough (and small enough) to dedicate for holiday  usage

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

I've tried adding it as a new decoder by typing in the smart card number, and it just generates a message saying that it cannot be added.

New poster

Thank you....

Next question, the decoder does not show up under the list of existing decoder4s to add (even though it is under my list of normal viewing decoders).

Do I simply add it as a new decoder under the holiday card section?

Doin' it 4 Tv

Yes it can. Assuming you've registered with a Connect ID, then go click on MyDStv, then Holiday Home, then Add a new holiday home setup.  Been some time sice I've done this, but it should be something like that Smiley Happy

Obviously there are a couple of holiday home options, but that was not your question Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

Add Explora as Holiday Card

We have tried to have our Explora 2 loaded as a holiday card on numerous unsuccesful occasions.

Every time we go to the local agency to have it done (or phone customer help to have it done), our explora disapears from the system.

Can the explora be added as a holiday decoder or not?

Thanks.