Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Additional viewing environment ExtraView

SOLVED
Showmaxed

Re: Additional viewing environment ExtraView

Great.

But you will still need to change the LNB etc. situation, until then you won't be able to do everything on both decoders (such as getting Catch Up or recording).

The others would help further if you need it.

New poster

Thank you. I lowered the RF frequency on the secondary decoder. All works well now🤗

Showmaxed

Well spotted Jan, this forum is lucky to have you.

Unfortunately the 24-1Z switch can't help though as with a twin LNB the decoders won't be able to get future proper Hi Band, so a Smart LNB (SLNB) recommended.

@Lesath  - a switch is then not used at all.
----------------

What concerns me most re the earlier answer is that the Mods may have been instructed to say that, encouraging unnecessary extra decoder purchases etc. at the expense of the all important (let me repeat that... all important)... customer.

Red Carpet

Yes Jan, that is the most important issue to deal with first.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

Apart form all this the 5.2 multi switch only cater for 5 user bands. The Explora - Explora 2A combination need 6 User bands to avoid User band conflicts. You will need either a SLNB or the 24-1Z switch for the 2 decoders to function simultaneously.
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Highlighted
Red Carpet

@Kagiso_DStv1wrote:

Hi @Lesath, the two decoders are single view decoders. This means each Explora decoder should have one TV connected to it. Third viewing RF out environment is not recommended if you only have two explora decoders. Perharps, installers can assist.  

No this advice is incorrect and basically rubbish.

MC might be discouraging the use of RF distribution , but the facility still works perfectly well.

@OP,  send me a PM message and we will sort it out for you.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

@Kagiso_DStv1, it's nice that you also want to help with technical queries yourself but I can assure you that your answer is full of wrong concepts and lack of facts.

Unfortunately I (and some of the few others with enough knowledge) are not available anymore for reasons I won't mention again.

The answer - MC needs to supply technically trained enough people for these queries here, but won't... so let's hope one or two may still be that generous if they can afford to.

Anyway, here's the answer (basic factors only), since I am now posting...

Change the RF output channel on one of the Exploras. To do so, if not already so done first connect it via HD cable to the main TV so that you can see what you're doing. After changing that, then change the RF tuning on your bedroom TV as well. You may need to change it all a few times if you get interference on the RF channel changed to.

Lastly, note that it's best to use lower RF channel numbers, and use "PAL I" as the "TV Type" on all decoders and TV's.

In the menu, for RF channel number - Settings \ System Settings \ UHF

And re "PAL I" - Settings \ User Preferences \ Video & Audio

Hi @Lesath, the two decoders are single view decoders. This means each Explora decoder should have one TV connected to it. Third viewing RF out environment is not recommended if you only have two explora decoders. Perharps, installers can assist.  

New poster

Additional viewing environment ExtraView

Hi

need help please. Connected explorer 2 (primary) and explorer 1 (secondary) on ExtraView. Dual lnb with 5-2 switch. Connected heartbeat cable from RF in on main to RF out on secondary. Connected RF out to bedroom as additional viewing environment.

extraview works well on both decoders.

problem is I can only pick up primary decoder feed if the secondary tv is off at the mains.

if we put both decoders on the analogue channels disappear