Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Carte Blance recording & load shedding

11 REPLIES 11
Red Carpet

Re: Carte Blance recording & load shedding

Thanks @Optimist.

To re-iterate, the recording was a SERIES/SEASON recording for Carte Blanche at 19H00 on Sunday night on M-Net Ch 101. My recording started just before 19H00 due to my safety net settings and then loadshedding kicked in so only 1 minute was recorded. Despite the recording being only 1 minute long, it did not show that there was an error (no exclamation mark next to it) and therefore the repeat on Monday afternoon didn't get re-scheduled.

My attempt at manually recording the repeat also failed(as mentioned) but that is a separate issue. The bigger issue to me is that the repeat was not automatically scheduled - especially with the current spate of loadshedding - and me going away for a week in two weeks time.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

@Optimist, thanks for sending through the info.

Highlighted
Showmaxed

@Grace_DStv1  , it's surely detailed enough in Krugie's post #1 - it was this last Sunday's premiere of this week's Carte Blanche.

(Episode number according to EPG & CU is S31E45.)

@krugie wrote:

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@krugie, when you set the first recording, which option did you choose? Was it record manually, record episode or record season? 

It is/was a series/season recording which initially only recorded 1 minute (and then didn't get re-scheduled).

@krugie , still checking with the teams involved. Here's what they would like to know from you. 

To advise on the episode number and the day that the failed recording was aired so they can check with EPG team if there were any changes on the event parameters for that day that would have caused the event not to get rescheduled.

Showmaxed

I've had another incident this morning, had an EBR set on 108 from 03:10 to 04:40 for the movie "Crazy Joe".

I happened to be up for the last 20 minutes, saw the recording was going on throughout as planned, and decided to change my normally 10 min. default end safety net to zero min. and alter my maintenance reboot for 04:42.

After the reboot, the Playlist entry didn't show any length info and the recording's synopsis claimed it had recorded from 03:10 to 02:59.

The file appears to be zero size, when trying to play it it stops playback immediately. A further reboot doesn't help.

There was no error reporting. A reschedule wouldn't be possible as it isn't repeating, but I know that wouldn't have been done anyway.

There was no load shedding involved in this incident.

I am deleting the file, and will not be reporting further.

BTW, as I know that things happen all too often in the middle of the night (or on weekend evenings) I made a backup recording on an older decoder - that's worked fine.

Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@krugie, when you set the first recording, which option did you choose? Was it record manually, record episode or record season? 

It is/was a series/season recording which initially only recorded 1 minute (and then didn't get re-scheduled).

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

@Optimist, we've noted your recording issue as well. 

Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1  - only one show can be busy recording when the power goes down so it was only Carte Blanche.

Showmaxed

@Grace_DStv1  , I think I've had something similar - wasn't going to report it, but since you're taking the trouble to ask...

Explora 1 on build 99/2

Last night - tried to SBR record 103 Trevor Noah: Nationwild @  20:30. Safety net started it at 20:20 but load shedding cut it at 20:30.

When power returned, recording was correctly listed as 10 min., but the recording said it started @  20:30 (instead of 20:20) and ended @  20:28....

It also never triggered an error triangle in the file nor a failed recording list entry. Nor did it schedule a later repeat.

To add to all this, my attempt to set a new recording from the EPG resulted in an icon that suggested the new schedule was an EBR instead of a SBR. (The original SBR setting is still intact.)

In the end I watched it on CU so that's now cancelled and I won't have further involvement.

This is critical stuff MC, not good at all.

@krugie, did you have this issue with Carte Blanche only or with other shows as well?