Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Checking Wi-fi connection constantly

5 REPLIES 5
Anime

Re: Checking Wi-fi connection constantly

Thank you all. I will just leave it on.
I can not lay a cable as I would have to go through the ceiling and I can not play with router settings as I don't know anything about that stuff.

Red Carpet

Because MC use the IP address used by the decoder as part of the identification process and, when you place the decoder on stby, the IP address is not saved, neither by the decoder or by your Wi-Fi setup. Start by not placing decoder in stby ever.

There is no saving at all  in doing so, not power or anything else. The background activity that takes place all the time, makes the stby function have no real value.

Next you should try and connect the decoder direct to your router by cable.

Lastly, you could try and configure the Wi-Fi router to make use of a permanently allocated / fixed IP address for the decoder.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

It is very possible that standby plays a role yes - with the software no one know! Mine automatically connects to the wi-fi after a reboot (soft or hard) or power failure though. I never use standby.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

Could be influenced by putting the Explora on standby, which is useless anyway - we've discussed it many times, there's close to no power saving with using standby these days due to what goes on constantly behind the scenes and it just seems to complicate things.

Red Carpet

There might be a problem with the wi-fi connector. Mine doesn't do that but I still have one of the very first ones that came out. Is the Explora maybe close enough to your router to just connect them with an Ethernet cable? That will remove the problem.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Anime

Checking Wi-fi connection constantly

I just got my Explora 2 connected to the house wi-fi via the supplied wi-fi connection. I'm on a 20/20 connection and I get that on the decoder when it checks connection. But I switch off (put on stand-by) the decoder in the evenings and when I switch it on again, first thing that it is checking is network connection and I must choose a network. Why does it not stay connected like a PC or mobile device?