Did you mean: 
Need help?

Connecting Explora 2 and Old HD PVR decoder

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
Red Carpet

Re: Connecting Explora 2 and Old HD PVR decoder

@Anwar1535 wrote:
You are correct, i do have the HD PVR 2P, reading your reply, can i assume that it would be better for me to get a Explora 2 instead of a Explora 3A.
1 will be connected in the lounge and 1 in the bedroom, probably about 10m away.

I see the spam filter has struck again! 

Yes, a 2A is a better buy if you can still get them. 

In separate rooms, you have two choices re the HB.

Either a separate HB cable between the two decoders with a 2A, no diplexer.

Or,

if you want to feed the HB via the LNB and those cables, a diplexer behind the 2P.

With the 3A, you will need a diplexer behind the 2P decoder.

And of course the LMX 501 or 502 SLNB.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

You are correct, i do have the HD PVR 2P, reading your reply, can i assume that it would be better for me to get a Explora 2 instead of a Explora 3A.
1 will be connected in the lounge and 1 in the bedroom, probably about 10m away.
New poster

I currently have the bigger dish that was installed with the old PVR recently that is currently connected in the lounge, i want to get an Explora and connect extra-view to my bedroom TV
Red Carpet

Yes.

But to be able to provide you with more detail, we need to know what the installation looks like so that we can help with determining what needs to be done.

Antenna size, type of LNB installed, and which decoder do you have in place right now.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Connecting Explora 2 and Old HD PVR decoder

Hi 

Can i connect an Explora 2 and Old HD PVR decoder for ExtraView.

Thanks