Need help?

Controlling an Explora 3 from different environments

SOLVED
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
BoxOffice

Re: Controlling an Explora 3 from different environments

Space TV, Triax IR link modulator, TFM02

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

My apologies!

I have just been reminded of another way.

I have never used remote blasters, only tried once and had endless hassles to the point where I simply wrote off the technology as a bad idea.

The Platinum remote extenders on the other hand work very well.

Now there are two solutions available to make use of tvLINKs via RCA to RF extenders.

These unit are available from "Square Plan" and "Space TV". They allow for RF distribution to be used via the RCA connections on a decoder and the units are compatible with MCs tvLINK technology and the Explora 3A. Not sure if the system is downward compatible with older decoder models via RCA to RF extenders.

I suspect that these units are compatible with all decoders because the IR control signals are fed to the decoders via an IR device placed in front of or close to the FP sensor on a decoder, just like the Platinum remote extenders and RF blasters.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

Haven't heard of problems for years, most or all modern ones are coded to prevent neighborhood interference and work with more modern remotes.

They can take a bit of a fiddle to find reasonable positioning.

I've use the Ellies Wizard for ages, is / was popular.

New poster

Thanks GeoffD

I remember in the past when using blasters there were limitation wrt the brand / type, can you please advise which type before I get the wrong one?

Thanks

BoxOffice

There is no RF port so tvLINKs don't work with the 3A decoders. You will need to use a remote extender or blaster for remote control.

New poster

Controlling an Explora 3 from different environments

Good day

I have an Explora 3 showing in 2 environments via a HDMI splitter.

Is it possible to setup a TV-link so that it can be controlled from the second environment without the RF port?

Not sure if this has been answered before, found a few conflicting threads.

Would really appreciate a work around, thanks.