Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Explora 2A recording & Pause issues :(

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Red Carpet

Re: DSTV Explora 2A recording & Pause issues :(

All customised settings are lost, so write them all down before you do this especially any customised network settings, TvLINK settings, Port settings and Audio settings.

It is not supposed to affect XV settings as these are SC related controlled by MC.

All personalised settings are reset, such as audio variable/fixed and Parental Control settings.

You might even find that "My favourites" is affected. -- Some have reported this also gets reset after a HDD reformat.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Just to confirm, will the RESET to Factory Data AND FORMAT the HDD lose all the Decoder configuration settings w.r.t. Primary and Secondary decoder settings etc.

BoxOffice

To check software version Goto Help>General information>Loader Status

To reset to Factory defaults without loosing recordings or data pr to reset to factory defaults and reformat the  HDD

Blue Dstv button>Settings> System Settings>Reset Decoder Settings

There you will find various options to reset and PVR Clean-up

see my screen shot 

Reset 2A.jpg

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
BoxOffice

The latest software version for the Explora 2A is L55/2

Elsewhere It have I have reported a pause of both video and audio at around 10 minutes to the hour lasting a few seconds. Often I experience a No signal message instead of the pause also around that time. If the no signal problem occurs during a recording it results in the triangle warning but mostly the recording does complete 

I have put that down to authentication problem but I have noticed yesterday that this time also coincides with the VOD update time as reflected on the Vod Status. And of course my CU+ has been in operative now for almost 3 weeks.  

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

https://community.dstv.com/t5/EXPLORA/New-Explora-software-updates/m-p/16284#M1223

I got a new update yesterday afternoon on the Explora 2A it is now on version L55/2
and the 3A is on L14/2

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Don't be hasty about a reformat of the HDD before you know what the problem is.

Check ALL the recordings you have scheduled in the past. Have you ever done a cleanup? 

You have to remove recordings set yourself as they do accumulate and cause hassles along the line later.

Most of these issues are as a result of MC messing up the EPG information.

Others will post what the latest sw version should be.  There have been sw updates lately affecting the Explora decoders. 

mc1.PNG

New poster

DSTV Explora 2A recording & Pause issues :(

Good day,

My DSTV Explora 2A have intermittent issues Recoring and are also unable to Pause & Rewind Live TV.

Most often after a hard reboot is works again for less than a day.

When I record something it doesn't finish the recording and just gives an exclamation mark behind the name. And no it is not a conflict causing it, I've seen it physically do it by just stopping by itself. And no the HDD is not full ....

Please advise manual way to do a HDD Format and perhaps force Firmware update? Software update is not available.

I'm ready to Steve Hoffmeyer this Decoder Smiley Mad