Welcome to EXPLORA

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DSTV Xtra View 2nd and 3de decoder micro jitter/freeze every 3 seconds.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: DSTV Xtra View 2nd and 3de decoder micro jitter/freeze every 3 seconds.

Everything was working fine untill the update awhile ago. A reboot solves the jitter for a while, but eventually it returns...Sometimes a change of channels sorts it out for a short while. There is a few annoying bugs that are back....On the old forum I mentioned that when deleting a recording where there is multiples episodes, deleting the "folder", then it deletes the recording below it...a reboot is the only way to bring back the recording. Another issue I picked up is that when watching a recording, when rewinding, it sometimes shows it's rewinding with the arrows and counter going backwards, but the picture stays on the same spot. Another issue when forwarding is that the counter shows it's forwarding a minute further and then starts again from the place I started to forward. This doesn't happen everytime....

New poster

I only bought mine about 2 months back.

Lets hope for a solution.

Regards

@Terminator1 wrote:

Mine has been doing the same thing for the last couple of weeks....

New poster

Can confirm it's happening on all tv's. On HDMI and RF. Sony/LG/Telefunken

All 3 are on same smart LNB. Surely if signal if good enough for 1st decoder, it should be good enough for the other 2 ?

Unicable Ports

1st: 0-1210, 1-1420, 2-1680

2nd: 6-1108, 7-1159, 8-1261

3de: 12-1522, 13-1573, 14-1624

Used to be following each other.

@GeoffD wrote:

The same TV used to see the jitter from all three decoders? must eliminate possible issues with tvs first.

Then, how are the 3 decoders connected to the SLNB, how does the HB signal run, and what is the signal and quality values on each decoder?

New poster

Unfortunately not.

@Caneman wrote:

Is there any way you can adjust the Judder and Blur on the TV set?

Mine has been doing the same thing for the last couple of weeks....

Red Carpet

The same TV used to see the jitter from all three decoders? must eliminate possible issues with tvs first.

Then, how are the 3 decoders connected to the SLNB, how does the HB signal run, and what is the signal and quality values on each decoder?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Anime

Is there any way you can adjust the Judder and Blur on the TV set?

New poster

DSTV Xtra View 2nd and 3de decoder micro jitter/freeze every 3 seconds.

Hi, can someone pls assist. My second and third Explora2's has got a micro jitter/freeze every 3 seconds.
It's more noticeable when viewing HD channels, and even when watching something from demand.
Other people don't notice it, but it bugs the life out of me. 1st Explora2 is 100%.
Thx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=19&v=ldjOp_w_f4I