Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DStv Service Authentication Errors

31 REPLIES 31
Red Carpet

Re: DStv Service Authentication Errors: HDPVR 4P

And again this morning!

This time I waited until the recordings completed and then scanned all networks.

Saw the problem immediately!

The maintenance reboot is triggering a reboot and on the Primary decoder is failing.

The Primary is connecting to the WRONG transponder for the maintenance reboot.

Display 0 - H - 0 on the scan progress screen.

The secondary decoder does not do that -  it connects to the home network transponder as it is supposed to do.

What is the difference between the two decoders?

The Primary is tuned to ch 192 and the secondary is tuned to 194.

The Primary SC is a version 7 Premium N

The Secondary SC is a Zeta +2

Both decoders are Pace 4P's.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Re: DStv Service Authentication Errors: HDPVR 4P

Again this morning, primary decoder, no live TV available, channel black no sound.

Recordings in progress and working.

AR settings messed up, sound channel selection wrong, sound settings messed up, fixed changed to variable, parent controls defaulted back to factory settings.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Re: DStv Service Authentication Errors: Thread in the wrong place.

@GeoffD wrote:

Just to make sure MC get the message that the SC swop did not fix any of the issues I have. The problem with service authentication persists despite the SC swop on both decoders. Whatever the issue is with my account, it is still there. 

And just to add to this issue, I was recently given another PACE 4 tuner decoder (thanks Luke 777). When the transfer of ownership process was undertaken, I specifically asked if it is not nec to upgrade the SC and again I was assured that no, there is no fixed instruction out that all older SCs need to be upgraded.

So whatever it is that is wrong with my setup, I am stuck with it.

Optimist and myself are convinced that the issue is so entrenched with my account that the only fix would be for me to completely cancel my service and start a new account with new SCs.

Bump.

Just to make sure MC does not think my silence means all is okay, the basic problem still plagues me on a regular basis.

Red Carpet

Just to make sure MC get the message that the SC swop did not fix any of the issues I have. The problem with service authentication persists despite the SC swop on both decoders. Whatever the issue is with my account, it is still there. 

And just to add to this issue, I was recently given another PACE 4 tuner decoder (thanks Luke 777). When the transfer of ownership process was undertaken, I specifically asked if it is not nec to upgrade the SC and again I was assured that no, there is no fixed instruction out that all older SCs need to be upgraded.

So whatever it is that is wrong with my setup, I am stuck with it.

Optimist and myself are convinced that the issue is so entrenched with my account that the only fix would be for me to completely cancel my service and start a new account with new SCs.

Red Carpet

Back to the UEC decoder this morning!

Red Carpet

Yesterday it was the UEC, This morning it is the trun of the PACE decoder  After the authentication check, the decoder defaults to ch 100 !

Red Carpet

After a complete weekend of peace with no drama at all, we are now back to having issues when the service authentication checks take place!

Now the focus seems to be back on the primary decoder UEC HD PVR 4U.

Is there no way that MC can stop doing whatever you are doing???????  Why can't you do what you do during the weekends which is NOTHING all the time!

And no there are no error banners visible when I am in front of the decoder, which is not always.  The decoder just freezes, and, as soon as any active recordings terminate, the decoder will reboot.

@GeoffD - Smiley Sad. Do you see an error banner popup when the authentication error occurs?

Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@GeoffD- May you kindly check and confirm if you're now able to access and view the HD channels you had issues with. 

Yes am able to get the HD channels. Have deleted all old settings and re set them again.

So far, two days without loss of current channel and now and next info. Yesterday, the decoder did reboot in the morning authentication check. This morning no reboot, presumably because no authentication check was done.

Looks like after almost a full week, I am now back where I was before the SC replacement. Not an easy or pleasant process!

Most other sub's would have given up and fallen for replacing their decoders. 

@GeoffD - May you kindly check and confirm if you're now able to access and view the HD channels you had issues with.