Welcome to EXPLORA

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Do I need a new dish if upgrading to explora?

SOLVED
7 REPLIES 7
Red Carpet

Re: Do I need a new dish if upgrading to explora?

IF  you want to install 3-decoder xv combination, THEN the 501 is a MUST.

IF  you do not intend to go more than a 2-decoder combination and no older decoders, then the 502 is okay.

It is cheaper because it only has 2 ports and is a cheaper less quality design. It is inferior to the 501.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Anime

Awesome, thank you.

Anime

@Sizwe_ wrote:

3ABE7BE4-4C90-4DAE-AC48-F11D9198AFD9.jpeg

B1135C9C-3AB5-4987-9069-ABC2CD020748.jpeg

I’ve decided to buy an xplora 3A, now I’m not sure which one of these LNB’s is ideal, especially since the LMX502 is cheaper than the LMX501 which seems odd since I’d expect the one with a number suggestive of “latest model” to be more expensive  🤔

Either will do to be fair but take the latest model I reckon. And try get the Explora 2A if you can. The 3A is a watered down version of the 2A.

Highlighted
Anime

3ABE7BE4-4C90-4DAE-AC48-F11D9198AFD9.jpeg

B1135C9C-3AB5-4987-9069-ABC2CD020748.jpeg

I’ve decided to buy an xplora 3A, now I’m not sure which one of these LNB’s is ideal, especially since the LMX502 is cheaper than the LMX501 which seems odd since I’d expect the one with a number suggestive of “latest model” to be more expensive  🤔

Anime

The dish is installed somewhere hard to access, I think it’s best I buy a new LNB and decorder only.

Red Carpet

IF the antenna is a small 60cm dia, then yes an antenna upgrade is desirable but not a necessity.

The LNB however must be an SLNB model LMX 501 or 502Z or equivalent.

An Explora will not work with a single port Universal LNB.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

You can use the same dish if it's in good condition, but may need to change the LNB - the aerial device at the end of the dish's arm.

You need to determine what type LNB it is - do you know, or can you safely access the area to look at the label?

That's all from me.

Anime

Do I need a new dish if upgrading to explora?

I have a dstv hd decorder 4u and would like to upgrade to the latest explora decorder. Do I need to buy a new satellite dish or it’s possible to use my current dish and just change the decorders only?