cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

EXPLORA 2A + EXPLORA 1 + EXTRA TV

Red Carpet

Re: EXPLORA 2A + EXPLORA 1 + EXTRA TV

Loop through is working. What system is the Explora set to? Pal I?

Make sure decoder and TV are set for pal I.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Thanks again

I have done exactly like you have said. All the cables are connected correctly. I have checked them with my multimeter to that I have the correct one as the HB.

I have set the secondary to UHF chan 40 and left the primary on 63.

Then I let my tv scan . It only picks up the secondary. It seems the RF out port on the Explora 2 is closed. Can this be true?

I meen the cable are exactly the same as before. I just changed decoders and coupled them up again.

I will get somebody out tomorrow. I thought that this upgrade won't cost me an arm and leg.

New poster

Thanks

That is how they are connected. I will try and see what is the problem. I cannot think that it is a big thing. Just some finger trouble on my side. Thanks for your inputs. I will report back if and when it is resolved.

Red Carpet

Assuming you have placed the Explora 2A where the Explora 1 was and moved the Explora 1 to where the HD decoder was. Start with connecting only the RF cable to the bedroom to the primary Explora 2A RF OUT. That will then sort out the main decoder and check that you can see that decoder on a UHF  channel number and note down which CH that decoder is using. Then connect the cable between the two and make sure that decoder uses a different UHF channel number to the primary decoder. All the issues should now go away.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Okay so the old installation was routing the HB via the RF cable between the two decoders and not via the SLNB. The new combination will also be doing that as there is no diplexer installed behind the Explora 1.

What you have then done is mixed up the RF cables connected to the decoders. Make absolutely sure the RF cable to the Bedroom TV is connected to the RF OUT port on primary Explora 2A.

Then make sure the RF cable from the secondary Explora 1 is connected to the RF IN port on the Explora 2A, and on the secondary that cable is connected to the RF OUT port on the Explora 1

New poster

Ok, I see what you mean. There is a heartbeat cable between the two decoders. Some silly guy told me there is not, but the RF cable from the secondary ro the primary is then just that

New poster

Hallo

No decoders not in the same room.

The two decoders are directly linked to the LNB

Then there is a RF cable from the secondary to the primary and a RF cable from the primary to the TV in my bedroom. I did not alter anything on the instalation. I just changed the decoders and DSTV activate them.
I control the primary decoder with the normal dstv remote controller and by using Ellies remote blaster. The TV's that are directly coupled to the two decoders, are coupled vis HDMI cables from the decoders

Red Carpet

Also, the Explora 1 cannot send or receive HB via the SLNB without a diplexer installed behind it and the old HD PVR could not receive HB via the SLNB, so there must have been a HB RF connection between the two previous decoders.

Red Carpet

Are both decoders in the same room?

How have you connected both decoders to the TV in the bedroom?

If only via RF then the one decoder must be connected to the other fro RF OUT to RF IN and then RF OUT  on that decoder to the bedroom. How do you remotely control the decoders from the bedroom?

Highlighted
New poster

EXPLORA 2A + EXPLORA 1 + EXTRA TV

Hallo
I did have the following setup:

Explora 1 ( primary) + TV and a TV in bedroom via RF cable

HD PVR ( secondary) + TV

Smart LNB ( No heartbeat cable anymore)

I was able to view everthing on my bedroom tv whatever channel was on the primary decoder .

Today I have upgraded

Explora 2A ( primary) + TV and TV in bedroom via RF cable

Explora 1 ( Secondary- old decoder) + TV

My problem is as follows:

I cannot view my Explora 2A in my bedroom anymore although the cables are connected just as before.

I am only getting pictures of my secondary decoder in my bedroom now.

What can I do to view my primary again in my bedroom via the RF cable as before

Thanks for yur replies in advance.