Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

EXPLORA 2A + EXPLORA 1 + EXTRA TV

19 REPLIES 19
New poster

Re: EXPLORA 2A + EXPLORA 1 + EXTRA TV

Trust me, if there is a next time, I will take them all out and inspect before putting them back.

Red Carpet

I assumed because you said that you could see the other decoder that there were no cable issues.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Take a guess? The RF out from the Explora 2 on both sides. Next time I will look at the cables first thing.

Red Carpet

Glad it is fixed. Which cable was the problem?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

The fault has been solved. It was a cable fault in the end. All is well now.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

New poster

I have them change the primary and secondary. Then I changed the two decoders around. It is not like that in the picture. Now there is picture on the tv in my bedroom.
Maybe there is something wrong with the Explora 2's RF out

Red Carpet

Take the 2a in to MC and get them to test the RF connection.

Red Carpet

If that does not work we have to start thinking that there is a fault on the 2a or,  it is a sw issue. Is the sw up to date on the 2a

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Have you tried to connect the Explora 2 a to the local TV via RF? for a test? Change the UHF CH number on the Explora 2a to a lower one just for a test?

Channel 63 is on the edge of the band, and we know that over the years MC has gradually degraded the quality of the remodulators. It may just be that the TV is simply not picking up the signal from the decoder?

Hence why a test with a connection to the local TV may show up what the real issue is.

New poster

Yes everything is set to PAL I.

It just boggles me.