Welcome to EXPLORA

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

EXPLORA 2A - No sound after reboot or power recycle.

2 REPLIES 2
New poster

Re: EXPLORA 2A - No sound after reboot or power recycle.

Thanx Geoffd.

Which decoder settings in particular can I post.

On The TV, Samsung 50" UHD, the "HDMI Audio Format" was set to "PCM". I have changed it to "Bitstream to see if that will make a difference.

I also notice that sometimes, after the decoder maintenance at about 4am I wake up to find no sound and then the only way to get the sound back is to completely remove the power and wait some time before powering up. Funny thing is that the TV in the bedroom which is using the TV-eye always has sound. I'm suspecting a fault on the decoder. Please give me your thoughts

Red Carpet

Re: EXPLORA 2A - No sound after reboot or power recycle.

There is a delay in the processing of audio on DMI on all the decoders. Do not be too hasty, to switch off and disconnect anything. It is not cables etc, but probably negotiation delays between the decoder and the TV. And don't forget MCs Copy protect paranoia. 

Check the configurations, especially on the TV for clues about what incompatibilities there might be.

Post the config settings on the decoder and the TV. Maybe we can spot something.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

EXPLORA 2A - No sound after reboot or power recycle.

After reboot or power off and on, my Explora 2a has no sound over HDMI. If i turn the decoder off and on a few times the sound comes back. I have tried a different port on the tv and replaced the cable numerous times. Anyone else having this issue. I installed the Explora in 2017 and it has done this since new.