Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Eplora 2 and 5u

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
Red Carpet

Re: Eplora 2 and 5u

Physically, the Primary decoder can be anywhere provided it is connected to a suitable LNB  port.

As already explained, you could lose  PVR functionality if the 5U  is the Primary. 

What LNB is installed and how are the decoders connected to that LNB? Which ports are used for each decoder?

The better setup is always that a PVR must be the Primary decoder.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Re: Eplora 2 and 5u

Yes. But why? It is normally better to make the Explora the Primary.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

Re: Explora 2A and 5u

That is correct @Optimist. @Mka78 Remember services are only activated on the primary decoder. So if you have the HD decoder as your primary, you can't add PVR functions to it. Why have an Explora decoder and not utilise the PVR functions especially if they are free-of-charge on Xtra-view ;-) ?

Nominee

Not sure why you would want to do that, except if you just want the PVR in your room for some reason - maybe you currently don't have viewing or remote access to it?

Regarding the primary concept itself, the only advantage of a primary's use that I recall is if you want to take it away with you on holiday or something, you can and don't have to take the secondary as well.

(The secondary can't work on its own, will lose that ability after half an hour.)

Someone else should answer any more, may only be within the next few days as the person who knows most about XV (XtraView) isn't around much at the moment.

New poster

So if I swap the cables around I could then have the primary in my room and the secondary where the primary was

Nominee

No, when any PVRs are involved then that decoder type has to be the primary.

New poster

Eplora 2 and 5u

Can I have a 5u decoder as primary and an explora 2 as the secondary