Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 1 and 1 HD Single view 5U - INSTALLATION HELP

15 REPLIES 15
Red Carpet

Re: Explora 1 and 1 HD Single view 5U - INSTALLATION HELP

Please confirm the precise decoder models. the "Zapper" term is too wide to be on any use to determine if the decoder can be combined under XV.

We need the DSD numbers or at least the 4U/4S or 11xx numbers please.

Assuming that the decoders are XV capable, all you need is one cable to each of the decoders from the LNB and an HB cable between the decoders.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

I have 2 Zapper decoder and quad LNB and two combiners how do I connect the two so that I can view both decoders under one subscription?

Viewer

I have a u4 decoder and want to connect exraview to the u5. I have a three port LNB. Can you help me? Thanks. Stephen

Red Carpet

BS! There is only one way to connect a Diplexer, and that IS the right way!

You cannot couple a signal between the ANT port and the SAT port without introducing excessive loss because those ports should have isolation of 30dB!

The direction of the signal flow determines which port should be used! (I/O or SAT).

A Diplexer is a frequency sensitive device used for one way signal flow. A Diplexer IS NOT a Duplexer, nor is it a splitter or a combiner!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Best not to ever try justify what works by accident and is likely to be unreliable at best. Nothing wrong with misunderstandings, we all learn for the first time somewhere.

BTW, note that those Aerial King diplexers were later determined to have the same labelling as most diplexers, I think it was just the foreign manufacturer's original labelling that was causing so much confusion. Or perhaps an Aerial King mistake that was corrected in later batches.

Anime

That was the reason why I stated on my post "..... using the Aerial King diplexer ....". Also if it doesn't work the first time, even with other diplexers, an intituitive person will interchange the I/O and SAT and see what happens.

Anime

I have had any problems yet... 

Showmaxed

Before starting to change anything please do answer this;

@GeoffD wrote:

So what are the signal strengths and quality values on tuners 1_and 2 on the 5S?

Please confirm the connections are as per the post, or did you actually connect the diplexer the correct way? Even if by mistake?

Eithervway please reconsider the Kudo you awarded for this very poor post.

@Atomworks wrote:

This worked for me today... thanks!😁

It's a pity there isn't a simple way to also measure HB strength, except for waiting to see if one experiences reception failures...

Showmaxed

On further thought, there is a way to make this diplexer use conventional.

Switch two of the connections around so that;

I/O now instead connects to the cable running to the 5 series' LNB port

SAT now instead connects to the cable from the SLNB

This effectively uses the diplexer in reverse, making it a combiner, but correctly connected as far as frequency types go.

Though strength-wise it's still better to feed the 5 series directly, and put the diplexer on the Explora 1 only in the following way;

I/O connects to the cable from the SLNB

SAT connects to the Explora's LNB input port

ANT connects to one of the Explora's RF ports

Showmaxed

It shouldn't work, at least on standard diplexers.

Let's look at it again;

@beenyoni wrote:

Run 2 cables from A and B ports of the SLNB. 1 cable to Unicable In of the Explora. The other one to I/O port of the diplexer if you using the Aerial King diplexer. Place diplexer behind Explora. Run short cable from ANT port of diplexer to RF out of Explora. Run one long cable from SAT port in diplexer to the 5s/5u extra view decoder.

An unusual choice of wiring, possibly chosen as a way to use the diplexer instead of a cable joiner which would "normally" be a way to improve signals.

What the attempt here is trying to do is carry the HB to the 5 series as a loop back through the diplexer.

Why it shouldn't work - a diplexer should be filtering out the frequency used by the HB by the time it reaches the SAT output leg which goes to the 5 series.

It can't be that Uniview uses a different frequency to the RF-based HB as the Explora 1 wouldn't be capable of generating that.

So all that's left is either a misunderstanding, by two people here, or a diplexer model(s) that isn't filtering / separating the frequencies as expected.

I certainly wouldn't recommend using a "leaky"-resultant HB. Rather separately feed the 5 series directly from its own SLNB feed, with only a cable joiner if necessary but a new unbroken cable is best.