cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 1 and 1 HD Single view 5U - INSTALLATION HELP

Red Carpet

Re: Explora 1 and 1 HD Single view 5U - INSTALLATION HELP

So what are the signal strengths and quality values on tuners 1_and 2 on the 5S?

Please confirm the connections are as per the post, or did you actually connect the diplexer the correct way? Even if by mistake?

Eithervway please reconsider the Kudo you awarded for this very poor post.

@Atomworks wrote:

This worked for me today... thanks!😁

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

@beenyoni wrote:

Run 2 cables from A and B ports of the SLNB. 1 cable to Unicable In of the Explora. The other one to I/O port of the diplexer if you using the Aerial King diplexer. Place diplexer behind Explora. Run short cable from ANT port of diplexer to RF out of Explora. Run one long cable from SAT port in diplexer to the 5s/5u extra view decoder. If you get an E16 on the extraview phone dstv to clear the error.

Round about way of doing things using existing cabling from the antenna to feed a 5S in another room. Will only work IF the signal quality is reasonably good.

The diplexer is NOT connected correctly either. And example of a lazy installer probably accredited with a poor understanding of the physics involved.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Anime

This worked for me today... thanks!😁

Anime

Run 2 cables from A and B ports of the SLNB. 1 cable to Unicable In of the Explora. The other one to I/O port of the diplexer if you using the Aerial King diplexer. Place diplexer behind Explora. Run short cable from ANT port of diplexer to RF out of Explora. Run one long cable from SAT port in diplexer to the 5s/5u extra view decoder. If you get an E16 on the extraview phone dstv to clear the error.

Red Carpet

@DesignerLiving wrote:

Hi

Hope someone can assist me.

My primary Decoder is a Explora 1 and I bought a HD Single View 5U Decoder for my bedroom.

Can someone please assist with a simple diagram or installation steps? I have gathered that I need a Diplexer in order for the xtra view to work. I just am so baffled with the complete setup, surely it can't be that difficult.

Thanks

Depends on what LNB you have installed.

SLNB LMX 500 or 501 ---- connect the 5U to another one of the Unicable ports with a cable.

Run the HB cable from the Explora 1 ( RF OUT or RF In port) to a diplexer installed behind the 5U used in reverse. There is no RF port so you must introduce the HB signal into the same port used by the LNB connection.

Alternatively, you could install a diplexer behind the Explora to combine the HB signal with the LNB cabling.

Explora 1 and 1 HD Single view 5U - INSTALLATION HELP

Hi

Hope someone can assist me.

My primary Decoder is a Explora 1 and I bought a HD Single View 5U Decoder for my bedroom.

Can someone please assist with a simple diagram or installation steps? I have gathered that I need a Diplexer in order for the xtra view to work. I just am so baffled with the complete setup, surely it can't be that difficult.

Thanks