Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 2 Stuck in Update loop every morning

2 REPLIES
New poster

Re: Explora 2 Stuck in Update loop every morning

@GeoffD wrote:

What possibly made you believe a HDD reformat will sort this out?

I don't know Geoff. Maybe because there are software involved.

Trending

Re: Explora 2 Stuck in Update loop every morning

What possibly made you believe a HDD reformat will sort this out?

What you must check is signal strength and quality on tuner 3. If that is bad then the download will fail every time.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Explora 2 Stuck in Update loop every morning

Hi,

Since Thursday my Explora 2 decoder has been stuck in an failing update loop. When I switchec on the TV for the first time on Thursday I noticed that the decoder was attempting a software update with zero % progress. The decoder then rebooted and immediately after rebooting prompted me with a message that a new sw update was available. From there on it did not matter if I selected "Update" or "Cancel" - the result was the same. The update tried to download for a while (with no success/progress) and then rebooted. I eventually reset the decoder and formatted the harddrive. This seemed to resolve the update/reboot cycle and the decoder operated normally for the next 24hrs - that was until the next morning after the nightly scheduled sw update check.

I now have to wait till I catch this update/reboot cycle at the prompt and select cancel every day upon first use as it goes into this update/reboot cycle every morning after the scheduled sw update check.

Anyone else experience this?