Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 2 with DSD1110 as Extraview decoder setup

SOLVED
16 REPLIES 16
Showmaxed

Re: Explora 3A with DSD1110 as Extraview decoder setup

BTW, Geoff just replied to an earlier post, which is why his is titled with "Explora 2..." again.

I'm done, all the best with it :-)

Showmaxed

I just tried that first post title change again Jan, on a thread I started with 7 replies - no change, still behaving the same... who knows what they do with this software, maybe they're testing or experimenting, and as usual we're kept in the dark.

Red Carpet

LMX 501 almost guaranteed.

The diplexer will solve the problem .

The 1110 is connected to the universal port, set with default settings.  -- Leave as is.

The Explora 3A connected to a unicable port, will also work with default settings.

The diplexer will extract the HB  from the unicable port, connect it to the HB cable going to the 1110.

All you need to do is make sure the XV link to the old decoder has been broken and now set up to the 3A instead.

Note. IF  you do decide to change the 1110, you will be able to choose to install a 3A or a 2A Explora, or a 5- or a 6 series HD decoder.

THEN 

yes the HB cable could fall away, BUT,  the port used on the LMX 501 will have to be changed and new settings implemented on the decoders.

The diplexer will also fall away.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

Changing the topic in the first post only changes it in the forum section listings, but not the subsequent posts, so I've changed it in this one - by replying to the last post it will hold for future posts.

I think there may have been a change in the forum software.

In my topic regarding my problem with Catch Up Plus I originally misspelled plus with a double s at the end. I edited my first post to correct the topic heading recently and to my surprise all the subsequent posts the spelling were corrected as well. 

Can someone please confirm that,

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

Changing the topic in the first post only changes it in the forum section listings, but not the subsequent posts, so I've changed it in this one - by replying to the last post it will hold for future posts.

Sounds like all is fine. Yes, 2 x 3A's would just work via the SLNB (Smart LNB) Unicable ports, but there should be no need to replace the 1110 - once set up just phone the call centre again to complete the changes on their side. If you do have problems, post the detail and Geoff should be able to figure out any XV issues.

Your holiday home concern wasn't clear, so in case unaware - your secondary decoder can't work on its own, if wanting service at both homes at the same time you need a spare decoder. But you sound like someone who does know that ;-)

BoxOffice

Re: Explora 2 with DSD1110 as Extraview decoder setup

To change the topic to 3A go to your first post and click on the three dots at the top right hand corner and take the edit option in the drop down menu. You should be able to edit the topic heading.

From your disruption it is very likely that you have a SLNB LMX 501. Theoretically the diplexer behind the Explora 3A should solve your problem. I take it that the changes to the XV settings to incorporate the new decoder has been done by MC

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab

Thank you all for the replies. Is there a way I can change the topic of this to 3A instead of Explora 2?

Thanks for the very informative advise given.

I'm not sure what LNB I have, they've installed it along with the Explora back in the day, it has 4x connectors on it. 1x goes to the DSD 1110 and the other goes to the Eplora 3A. The DSD1110 is in a seperate "guest" room, so there's a cable going from it to the room where the Explora is.

What I'll try is:

The diplexer switch device as suggested to connect to Unicable that goes into the 3A that splits the signal to "Ant", will then go to the DSD1110. Failing that, i'll replace the DSD1110 with another 3A.

From what I understand the 3A's can communicate to each other through the unicable connections?

Showmaxed

Forum won't allow me to delete this post, so this message instead... deleted to help prevent confusion at this earlyish stage.

Showmaxed

Forum won't allow me to delete this post, so this message instead... deleted to help prevent confusion at this earlyish stage.

Red Carpet

Please provide details of the type of LNB installed and any other things like an

ES 5-1 or 5-2 switch you might have in place.  That will affect what you can and can't do regarding an Explora 3A plus 1110 combination.

Also the location of both decoders is relevant. Are they both in the same room?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM