cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 2A automatically changes audio output

New poster

Re: Explora 2A automatically changes audio output

Regarding the stereo issue, I may be mistaken but I don't think Supersport has 5.1 Dolby. You could though get 5.1 surround by changing the output on your amp but that will just be the 2.0 redistributed.

New poster

Another occurence:

CH 208, at 21:24.

No picture freeze/pixelation, just sound drop-out and then the sound comes back as Stereo instead of 5.1  

New poster

Hi, another occurence:

CH 204, at approx 19:50.

No picture freeze/pixelation, just sound drop-out and then the sound comes back as Stereo instead of 5.1  

Red Carpet

Thanks. Try and note the date and time it happens.

Prime times for this sort of thing to happen are just after midnight, between 06:00 and 07:00; just after 12:00 midday; between 18:00 and 19:00.

Not, CH specific, picture freeze or pixelation, with sound drop out. Picture returns followed by sound a few milliseconds later.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Geoff, I think it happens more as a result of the decoder being on for a while rather than the time of the day.

I notice it mostly on Sundays when there's F1 because I tend to watch all of it, so approx 6-10 hours of TV.

But the issue had not happened in about a week, and then yesterday it happened during the GP, and then a couple of times after that when my wife was watching Two and a Half Men on Comedy Central - so it's not restricted to a specific channel.

In the case of Comedy Central, the sound profile did not change because there is only one sound profile on that show, but there was a momentary interruption in signal, and my AVR did show the signal profile changing from PCM2.0 to No Signal to PCM2.0.

Red Carpet

Have you been able to pin point a time of day when this happens?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

I spoke too soon, the issue just happened again now. 

If it helps, the decoder had been on since around 10am, for approx 10 hours. 

@naks wrote:

Has there been a software update?

This glitch hasn't happened again in the past few days - just finished watching the Spanish GP now and it didn't happen.

New poster

Has there been a software update?

This glitch hasn't happened again in the past few days - just finished watching the Spanish GP now and it didn't happen.

Hi naks. We have engaged our Decoder Operation's team. We'll revert back to you as soon as they've responded to us. 

New poster

The issue is still occuring even after a shutdown & reboot.