Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 3 on sale

BoxOffice

Re: Explora 3 on sale

Thanks - I though it was your new addition that you photographed. Man LOL

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

Krugie I have not seen it in operation yet but I believe it's software version is L2. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
BoxOffice

@Jan-Horn is the 3A software version the same as that of the 2A or does it have it's own numbering?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doin' it 4 Tv

PhExplora 3A 3.JPGoto of the top of the Explora 3A

Doin' it 4 Tv

Although the box is very small it is very very well ventilated. So much so that I could read the make model and even serial number of the Hard drive through the slots.

I measured the temperature yesterday of the 2A and the 2P because the 2P being more enclosed compared to the 2A and it felt very hot. The 2p was 8deg hotter than the 2A, in fact the fan on the 2A did not even switched on. I know that when the 2A was first released there were some complaints of the fan being very noisy but that is not the  case with ours. I hardly ever hear it running and that say a lot because it is in the bed room and I am a very light sleeper   

I will post a screen shot of the top of the 3A that I took yesterday later, need to transfer it to the Laptop first and reduce the size.

I think the 3A will be okay heat wise without the fan . 

BoxOffice

Sure a heatsink tries to get the heat away from the crucial chips. But what then? With poor circulation, where does the heat go?

The box is already so small, that if any of the genre are blocked you are in trouble quite quickly.

But, on the other hand a fan does not prevent customers from blocking the vents, it just helps with

Getting the heat to move out of the box.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

Sure a heatsink tries to get the heat away from the crucial chips. But what then? With poor circulation, where does the heat go?

The box is already so small, that if any of the genre are blocked you are in trouble quite quickly.

But, on the other hand a fan does not prevent customers from blocking the vents, it just helped with

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Anime

The Explora 3A has a heatsink for distribution of the heat, the decoder was tested in a thermal Oven, there should be no impact to the decoder.

However as I stated before good ventilation is recommended for all devices so that the devices only have to deal with the ambient temp. Enclosing any device without good circulation will heat up all components and reduce thier life span. 

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

With our current heatwave the explora 2 was very very hot today that's with a fan. Really worries me that this doesn't 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Doin' it 4 Tv

The hard drive is a Seagate 1TB Video 2.5 HDD