cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora 3

14 REPLIES

Re: Explora 3

@JacoHD, we'll share with the relevant team. Thanks for the suggestions. 

BoxOffice

@Sybawoods wrote:
  • 4K / UHD display capability
  • Picture in Picture
  • Netflix app

The 1st one should be a given.. the others I don't see happening.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

Feedback on any of these, from MC, would also be great (something they don't seem too keen on, is feedback).

Tell us what might come with a software update to existing models, what we might get in future models, and what we will never get (with a plausable explenation)

Doccie

• 4K / UHD display capability
  • Picture in Picture
  • Netflix app
Doin' it 4 Tv

Yes I do like the bigger memory. That's the one reason I don't want to get it exchanged 

Exept the fact that it might delete all your recodings 

Yip external viewing would be fantastic 

--Explora 1 & 2a--

What is totally illogical about all that though, is if we use the app, we are in any case downloading files to a drive that is fully accessible.

A few years back, I would download files on one PC, and view them, but could then also access those files from another PC, and watch there by merely being logged in to the DStv site. I am talking a good many years back, when this all started.

BoxOffice

@andrewgerm wrote:
But, the studios will likely be used as an excuse.

I'm sure they are at times. Other times it is a real problem throughout the industry, the studios have the power, and we're told they're not too good with logic as they want to hold on to their old ways.

BoxOffice

@andrewgerm wrote:

The original Explora has double the amount of interneal stoage than the Explora 2, from what I've heard / read.

That is correct but both offer the same number of hours recording since - we were told - the Explora 2 uses a better compression. But I too would prefer a larger hard drive.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

I proposed this years ago, on the old forums.

The could keep the DRM intact, and allow us to use our local network to stream from on decoder to another, or view those recordings / downloads via the app. They could easily keep the DRM intact, and then decode on the viewing device. But, the studios will likely be used as an excuse.

The original Explora has double the amount of interneal stoage than the Explora 2, from what I've heard / read. The reason put forth for this was that people are consuming their viewing online rather, so there was no need for a larger drive.

I prefer the larger space. It means I can stack series recordings, and then binge those, saving on downloads.

Highlighted
Doccie

I also hope that they look at power consumption. 

Really need to be way better, I read somewhere that its constantly 20+ watt per hour.