Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora Freezing

4 REPLIES 4
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Explora Freezing

@Lesleyh 

This sound like remote infrared signal that gets interrupted.  What kind of TV are you using?  We’ve seen this case happen due to IR interference from some plasma TVs.  What happens is some settings on the TV like Energy Saving mode or Backlight settings when enabled they radiate at the same frequency as the remote IR frequency causing interference.  To eliminate this you can either move the decoder away from the TV, disable some TV settings causing this issue as mentioned or place an IR filter on the front panel where the IR receiver is placed to filter IR noise.  The same can work by using a camera film and place on the front panel to filter the IR noise. Let me know if this helps.

New poster

Thanks for the reply Geoff I agree 100% I don't like this forum at all. It is the TV link causing the problem as soon as we take it out it works I think the IR signal is bust in the TV

Red Carpet

@Lesleyh wrote:

Wow on the old forum I would have had the technical guys advice ages ago. Please help Geoff? Optimist? anyone ..........

We have sort of lost interest LeselyH. MC have taken way so much functionality we had on the old forum, that makes it very difficult to provide technical support now.

The TV in question,  does it have a tvLINK installed at that point?  If so please check that it is properly installed and working (light on).

If not, try and install a tvLINK at thta ppoint and see if that helps. It may be thta the TV is dragging down the tvLNK power supply to a point where it affects the performance of any SLX splitters you have and even the decoder.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Wow on the old forum I would have had the technical guys advice ages ago. Please help Geoff? Optimist? anyone ..........

Highlighted
New poster

Explora Freezing

I have a very unusual issue - we have 2 Exploras connected with xtra-view 4 TV's connected with TV links. All was working perfectly until a couple of weeks ago. We started noticing at a certain time the decoders would stop responding to the remotes and Explora 2 would lose picture as well. Well we figured out the problem it is the one TV in the bedroom as soon as you turn it on this happens why would that be and how can we fix the problem?