Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora Scheduling Problems.

6 REPLIES
Red Carpet

Re: Explora Scheduling Problems.

Jan, I was speaking to Cya, wasn't getting involved with your query.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Just as a comparison...

Both my 2As on L39

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Doin' it 4 Tv

@Optimist wrote:

GeoffD was talking about someone else's Explora, he doesn't currently use his Explora.

I am also in touch - can confirm that no further such incidents have happened. Software was updated.

Mod Cya mentioned  "the new version of the software(L95/2) that has been deployed on 30/10/2018 Midnight( Boreas)."

I am only trying to establish what the version of the software update that was supposedly deployed on 30/10/2018 would be on my Explora 2A . As you are aware the 2A soft ware versions would be somewhere around the 40's. Current version on my 2a is L39/2 (ATHENA5)   

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

GeoffD was talking about someone else's Explora, he doesn't currently use his Explora.

I am also in touch - can confirm that no further such incidents have happened. Software was updated.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

Did you get the new version of the software(L95/2) that has been deployed on 30/10/2018 Midnight( Boreas). The update seems to have fixed the recurring issues from then. Is this the case with your unit?

What would the software update version for the Explora 2A  be? 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
Doin' it 4 Tv

Did you get the new version of the software(L95/2) that has been deployed on 30/10/2018 Midnight( Boreas). The update seems to have fixed the recurring issues from then. Is this the case with your unit?

Trending

Explora Scheduling Problems.

Some might know about the general chaos reported over the last few days about lost settings, failed recordings, and no entries in the applicable list dealing with this sort of problem on the Explora decoders.

Well, at least one report has come in where ALL scheduling settings (except MRs and Reminders, which are internally generated, on the individual decoders and NOT EPG dependent after being set ), were missing this morning, but still appeared in the Manager sections. A reboot restored ALL the settings without any action required.  

Reminders are almost equivalent to MRs and remain in place as originally set, even if the content changes, just like MRs do. The difference is Reminders have an expiry date and automatically removed after the time slot has passed.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM