Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora auto tune error

Doccie

Re: Explora auto tune error

Hi @Kagiso_DStv1

Explora 1. Under Information Central, it says it is Up to date (Libra2-1f35bb D1.338 L3.4 MW:ATLAS_1.39)

@JeanP@Charnea@Terminator1, please confirm your Explora model (Explora 1 or 2) and the software version under information central. Please note that we've asked our tech support team to investigate the auto-tune matter. 

A test has been done, testing season recording and auto-tune and it was successful. Hence, we're asking for your decoder software version. 

@Terminator1, we'll ask our tech team to do some tests on the season recording and auto-tuning and feedback. Please note that this might take some time as they'll be focusing on season recordings and not once-off recordings. 

Trending

Unfortunately my autotune is the same. Was for movie the town remembered the autotune 30 after 20:00

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Showmaxed

Since I'm here, a bit of further insight;

@JeanP wrote:

Last Night at 20:00 had another dissappearance on Channel 140 Emovies something on Explora 2a. So not just one decoder and one channel. 

A couple of days ago I lost a once-off recording setup, I think for ch. 140. If not, it was one of the other eTV channels.

Not the first time.

What happened in this case - the eTV group changed the movie they had advertised.

So, could be a reason for some of the Reminder behaviour being observed as well, but not necessarily so.

Best way to catch the devil of these things in my experience - check at least twice daily - last main EPG-involved update is believed to be around 19:00 each evening, and the main daytime one believed to be around 13:00.

Or go back to using a PVR decoder that doesn't try to control everything. (An industry-wide disadvantage these days, and too many losses in doing that IMO.)

Trending

Last Night at 20:00 had another dissappearance on Channel 140 Emovies something on Explora 2a. So not just one decoder and one channel. 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~

Over the weekend I had no dissapearing auto tunes. I had 4 recordings scheduled over the weekend. It was all once off manual recordings. Last night I had a season recording that took place and the auto tune failed. Not to say it's definitely the issue, but as soon  as some form of season recording takes place, the auto tune doesn't work, but with one time recordings the auto tune still occurs correctlty

Doccie

I've been away from home, but saw all the messages so I thought I'll monitor it last night and yes, again the reminder just vanished if there is a recording set on another channel.

Trending

So last night the recording cancelled  my auto tune again. At this point after what 5 weeks and it's still nowhere near fixed. Makes you wonder how many autotune fail because of this  

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Red Carpet

Agree. Autotunes and indeed, EPG driven schedule settings  will not happen IF the end of program marker information is missing, which of late is the case on many channels.

That and the continual messing with service authentication is at the bottom of all of this.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM