4 REPLIES 4
pcb
Anime

Re: Explora in a complex

Ok, will see what I can find out. 

Thanks again. 

Red Carpet

Any Special network settings that might be in use with the distribution system . 

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
pcb
Anime

Hi Geoff. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Specifically, what information do they need to get? 

Red Carpet

With two feeds into their unit, it should be possible to install a 24-1Z switch and get ALL available channels that way. Get the switch direct from MC at about R 500. Agency mark that up to about R900. Space TV also has them at the rec price of about R500.

All you have to do is makes sure what the configuration settings are for the complex and what type of feed is available. The issue might be access to channels on the transponders on the new satellite. If you can post the detail of what the complex settings are, we will be able to tell what is possible and what not.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
pcb
Anime

Explora in a complex

Hi all. 

I'm trying to help a friend with an original Explora, they live in a flat and currently have 2 LNB cables running into their HD PVR. 

Apparently not all channels are working in the current setup which is a bit concerning.

If the building doesn't support unicable then what options do they have? 

From what I've read, they need a smart switch model 24-1Z, will this work? 

I can't seem to find where to purchase one though, and any idea of the cost?