Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora remembering old recording attempts

7 REPLIES 7
Red Carpet

Re: Explora remembering old recording attempts

As with related recording rules, the only thing that will mess up the recording's "replacement-memory" is if one manually stops the recording before its EPG-detailed end - doing that says to the software that you're presumed to no longer want it.

However, if you manually stop during the end safety net period, it is considered still valid for a repeat if otherwise incomplete (due to the late start or signal interruption).

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

I accidentally recorded the last few minutes of a movie we watched month or so ago most likely when adjusting the volume at the end of the airing. I only noticed the partial recording later and deleted it. A week or two later the complete movie recorded during the repeat of the movie. Subsequent I have used it to record movies that I stumbles upon and looked interesting enough to want to watch from the beginning with no repeat scheduled on the EPG. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Trending

I have sort of worked out a plan to sort this out. If only I can remember to do it during open time. I am pretty sure during the open time window the offending setting will be visible. Then I should be able to delete it.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@GeoffD wrote:

If the setting is not removed and if the identifiers do not change, then this IS what should happen.

What about where, settings previously set on a channel not normally available in the package you subscribe to, but that channel is open at certain times of the day?

This is what is happening now on ch 101, where a program that used to be in "open time" has been moved out of open time. The setting is there lingering in the background. It is not listed in the schedule but triggers whenever that program comes on, and, because I am not subscribed to 101, the recording fails, and on and on it goes. I can't remove it because I can't see the setting, A reboot does not fix it, nor does a reset to factory defaults.

@GeoffD - you have probably tried it or maybe it is not even possible since you are not subscribed  to 101 - but can you maybe re-set the series recording and then delete it?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

@GeoffD  , yes they're slowly realising more and more of the wisdom the old programming (coding) team we knew had to offer.

An interesting exception in your case, I presume only solvable with a full HDD format.

Trending

If the setting is not removed and if the identifiers do not change, then this IS what should happen.

What about where, settings previously set on a channel not normally available in the package you subscribe to, but that channel is open at certain times of the day?

This is what is happening now on ch 101, where a program that used to be in "open time" has been moved out of open time. The setting is there lingering in the background. It is not listed in the schedule but triggers whenever that program comes on, and, because I am not subscribed to 101, the recording fails, and on and on it goes. I can't remove it because I can't see the setting, A reboot does not fix it, nor does a reset to factory defaults.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

FANTASTIC

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Red Carpet

Explora remembering old recording attempts

I mentioned this long ago, that it would be nice if the Explora remembered failed recording attempts beyond an 8 day EPG lack of further repeats. Don't know when it changed, but now it does that.

Rain interrupted a recording of my movie on 108 about 10 days ago. In this case it was mild enough that it wasn't a concern, but this morning a new repeat for next Friday was picked up and scheduled by the Explora :-)

I've got no idea how long this feature may keep an eye out for repeats.