Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Explora2 Speed

9 REPLIES 9
Doccie

Re: Explora2 Speed

I use a universal remote which is a lot more powerful IR wise than any of the DStv remotes I've used.  That said, the experience is the same when using the DStv bundled remote.  I just find the UI extremely slow compared to the HD-PVR2P specifically ( which runs the bedroom TV )

Red Carpet

Standard practice in my home. Always was and still is. There is a remote for each viewing environment. He who claims one is in charge of that environment until he gives up the remote. No chance of messing with others' viewing that way.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

Using the A7 on the 2A and the A5/6 on the 1...too lazy to switch modes Smiley Happy The A7 is flying compared to the A5/6, even it I use it on the older  Explora. Might also be that new brooms sweep clean, and that the A6 had been pushed too many times Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

Yep, you can basically successfully point the Explora remote in the opposite direction when the batteries are near full power. Not as sure with the A7 which I've hardly used, but is so with the A6.

The actual response delays we're talking about are likely unrelated. Was better again by last night so maybe someone's listening... but sadly unlikely :-/  So much MC can learn from the forum, but I guess their top people don't get the practicality.

Red Carpet

Agree.  It could be an issue. I notice with my daughter's two decoders, one an HD PVR2P and the other an Explora 1, the same difference in speed. I swopped the batteries on the remotes over, and the HD PVR 2P showed no real difference in response times, BUT the Explora 1 improved. The voltage under load as measured by my multimeter on the two sets of batteries was about 0.3 volt, with the orignal Explora batteries being the weakest. Certainly still a long way from being "flat" in my book, but nevertheless present.  Seems the new remotes do draw more power than the older remotes? Would be interesting if anyone else has picked this up.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

Funny story. The Explora 2 we have here was also very slow and remote didn't want to respond and when it did its very slow. So I changed the batteries in the remote and its much faster and more responsive than before. 

Same results for explora 1 and 2

Not saying that this is the case but what have you got to loose

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Showmaxed

Interesting timing. On my Explora 1 it's been fairly improved the last few months, although not good enough at all, and since 2 odd days ago has got considerably worse :-(

Probably authentication fiddling again IMO, they will end up the death of MC...

As for the searches, it's as bad as Hilt says. Believe it or not it was far worse, got them to improve it a few years back with one of the lady Forumites complaining at the time.

If they fix nothing else, at least may they fix the ridiculous "speed" when changing from the default to the name of a program on a MR.

Doccie

Hey Geoff

It's a comment more around the UI.  I find it so incredibly sluggish next to the likes of the HD-PVR2P.  The latter's response to any given command is lightning quick.  Even it's search function is far superior.  On the Explora2, I can literally go make coffee in the time it takes to find anything

I liken the Explora2 experience a lot like trying to use Windows 7 on a 5 year PC.  It's a dog

Red Carpet

Can't remember this one. Maybe you can give us some detail on your install and see if there is something there responsible?

Doccie

Explora2 Speed

I moaned about this on the previous forum a while back. Sad to say that since then, the Explora2 remains dog slow. Are we ever going to see a speed improvement ? Or do I have to resign myself to button mashing frustration as this unit decides how long it wants to take to respond to any given command