Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Exploras - Suggestion Box

16 REPLIES
Action

Re: Exploras - Suggestion Box

it's there now... but seeing the thread 'duplicated" seriously confused me Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

Why has the "stickie" pin on this thread been removed?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

An old request - would really like to see a portable solution for kept content now, especially since MC have since made it possible to transfer Explora content...

Insert a flash drive into an Explora USB port, transfer the recorded content from (or to?) it, or play directly from it.

Could be made to work on any Explora that is active with PVR access.

Could even be given an expiry date - preferred not, but if that's what it takes to get this then fine...

BoxOffice

@BusiN_DStv1 wrote:

@GeoffD

The reason its done this way is that there is value in keeping the original thread in its correct position within the board. What gets floated is not the thread, but an alias or shortcut to the original thread. When there are just a few threads then, it is confusing. But once there are a number of threads on the board and the one that was floated moves down, then the value of doing it this way increases and the confusion decreases.

Okay, so there is a reason for it. The original and the new thread.  I presume all items posted are actually posted to the original thread and there is only one copy, just two ways of displaying it.

Will have to research this to understand why this is necessary.

Thanks for the reply.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Community Manager

@GeoffD

The reason its done this way is that there is value in keeping the original thread in its correct position within the board. What gets floated is not the thread, but an alias or shortcut to the original thread. When there are just a few threads then, it is confusing. But once there are a number of threads on the board and the one that was floated moves down, then the value of doing it this way increases and the confusion decreases.

BoxOffice

How come this causes the thread to be duplicated?

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Optimist We've pinned the thread :-) 

BoxOffice

I think you misunderstand Cya - by "sticky" I mean permanently pinning it to the top of the forum section, like what is done with our new TV schedule threads in the Series section.

If still unsure what I mean, please speak to @BusiN_DStv1  or @Nontsiki_DStv1  , they're the ones who do that for us.

@Optimist You might just be late, already have for myself and backed it up already:-)

@Optimist You might just be late, already have for myself and backed it up already:-)