Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Exploras - Suggestion Box

20 REPLIES 20
Red Carpet

Re: Exploras - Suggestion Box

@krugie wrote:

It will be very useful indeed - I've wanted to do that many times before! I'm just VERY worried the search will then take forever -  especially if implemented on he already slow EPG search. Maybe an option to search titles Only or Everything will help?

Very good points, but as they don't like to make multi-option menus (which I think is probably wise for most users) here's some related info that may relieve the concern;

A recent Explora 1 Showmax search that got me thinking about the subject also included the usual folder (when applicable) for CU results as well. Those results did not have any beyond-title results included, and further experimentation with that in mind proved that even in that Showmax search version we can't get the more detailed DStv results.

This led me to further conclude that;

1. The two search engines are likely different, even likely programmed (coded) by different teams at MC & co. as previously suspected.

2. Clearly Showmax can globally access DStv's content for searches, but perhaps not beyond the data parameters set up by MC proper.

3. Therefore, if MC proper were to use MC-Showmax's code for quick solutions here they should get as good a performance and results.

4. [New from here, based on Krugie's input] But, if I'm wrong due to the size of the EPG being much huger to deal with (it is already the slowest search section by far), why not then just have that full search only work for CU, BO & Playlist sections in the Word Search.

Personally I'm seldom trying to find new content by searching as there's other sources of that info, it's usually among the already accessible content that we search for what we'd like.

BoxOffice

It will be very useful indeed - I've wanted to do that many times before! I'm just VERY worried the search will then take forever -  especially if implemented on he already slow EPG search. Maybe an option to search titles Only or Everything will help?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Explora searches;

When searching DStv, only the title is searched for, yet when using the "similar" Showmax search it gives results based on synopsis and starring info as well. Please make that widely available, very useful...

Red Carpet

These days the weather can be severe, anywhere, so we need to keep an eye out for the error exclamation mark on our recordings.

But... on Exploras that is hidden with a lock icon if you lock your recordings, which many of us still do - please place these icons in separate positions MC.

Doin' it 4 Tv

it's there now... but seeing the thread 'duplicated" seriously confused me Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Trending

Why has the "stickie" pin on this thread been removed?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

An old request - would really like to see a portable solution for kept content now, especially since MC have since made it possible to transfer Explora content...

Insert a flash drive into an Explora USB port, transfer the recorded content from (or to?) it, or play directly from it.

Could be made to work on any Explora that is active with PVR access.

Could even be given an expiry date - preferred not, but if that's what it takes to get this then fine...

Trending

@BusiN_DStv1 wrote:

@GeoffD

The reason its done this way is that there is value in keeping the original thread in its correct position within the board. What gets floated is not the thread, but an alias or shortcut to the original thread. When there are just a few threads then, it is confusing. But once there are a number of threads on the board and the one that was floated moves down, then the value of doing it this way increases and the confusion decreases.

Okay, so there is a reason for it. The original and the new thread.  I presume all items posted are actually posted to the original thread and there is only one copy, just two ways of displaying it.

Will have to research this to understand why this is necessary.

Thanks for the reply.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Community Manager

@GeoffD

The reason its done this way is that there is value in keeping the original thread in its correct position within the board. What gets floated is not the thread, but an alias or shortcut to the original thread. When there are just a few threads then, it is confusing. But once there are a number of threads on the board and the one that was floated moves down, then the value of doing it this way increases and the confusion decreases.

Trending

How come this causes the thread to be duplicated?