SNLB installed and the Explora 2a is the secondary decoder. When I swapped out my faulty pace 4 tuner, the dstv shop setup the explora 2a with the relevant index/frequency settings etc. Everything worked fine untill it factory reset. The maintenance reboot did take place and everything looked normal before I left for work as the display showed the channel number. Maintenance reboot is at 4h15 and I left for work at 6
I presume you have a SLNB installed?
Is the Explora 2A the Primary decoder?
What are the user band settings on the Primary decoder?
I have found that it is generally better (should not matter but appears that it does) for the Explora 2A to be the Primary decoder in any combination involving an Explora 2A, and that the Primary decoder should be set at default (0,1,2).
For some strange rreason, the "maintenance reboot" seems to go though a process where the factory defaults are activated and then the customised settings are restored afterwards. If a glitch happens during the process, the customised settings are not restored.
Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Unfortunately I was not on the explora 2 to see if there was any error messages...just the issue of setting up the decoder up from scratch with all the relevant settings was time consuming.....
Possibly related - this weekend on my Explora 1 there was a message in the top left corner for a few seconds that stated "Help! Resolve conflict."
I was doing nothing at the time. Have seen this a couple of times before but many months ago.
No conflict that wasn't already known about (see my thread re One Strange Rock) was found.
A strange thing happened over the weekend. I have the explora 1 and 2. Wanted to watch some sport, but constantly the signal would break up and no signal problem. Digged around and found that the explora 2 has factory resetted on it's own, loosing the user index settings etc.....causing the breakup in picture on the explora 1. Found the right index/frequency settings and everything is working fine now. Just strange that it factory reset on it's own and was stuck on the setup wizard....There were no power glitches etc....