cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How long does it take to transfer ownership of an Explora purchased privately

2 REPLIES 2
New poster

Re: How long does it take to transfer ownership of an Explora purchased privately

Hi Kugie, Thank you for the feedback. My problem is that I do not live in a city and the nearest Service Centre for that type of transaction is about 200 K's away. What further excacerbates the problem is that trying to contact a person at DSTV that deals with Transfers of Ownership by telephone is another issue on its own. Kind regards

Red Carpet

Re: How long does it take to transfer ownership of an Explora purchased privately

I took my form and the decoder to the walk-in centre in Waterglen, Pretoria - and it was done in about 30 minutes and up & running and working.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

How long does it take to transfer ownership of an Explora purchased privately

I purchased an Explora 2 decoder from a friend who has left SA and returned to the UK, we filled in all the required documentation and submitted it on 13/09/2019. We received a reference number and I queried it with the Call Centre and still the decoder has not been transferred into my name. Surely it cannot take this long to attend to something as basic as this. Thank you, comments will be appreciated if you have experienced the same problems.