Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to record content off DSTV Explora

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Red Carpet

Re: How to record content off DSTV Explora

@bekkeran wrote:

i would like to know if its is possible to get everything that i recorded on my explora onto a hardrive. im going to replace my Explora 1 with the explora 3 and i have alot of music on the explora 1

Why would you want to stop using the Explora 1?  Are you under the impression that the new Explora 3A is a better product?  IF you are, you are sadly mistaken, the 3A is vastly inferior to the Explora 1 and 2A.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Agreed @krugie  , they should be able to do Explora 1 to Explora 3A, just not the other way around.

Or you can keep the old Explora connected as well at no further cost, depending on what you already use for any XtraView.

It is possible to make an external copy under the right conditions. MC allow you to copy once to an external device, but only in SD quality and that's interfered with by the copy protect software which can cause contrast problems not always acceptable. To fix that is tricky and in unintended contradiction of MC's efforts, so I won't detail how.

However this ability is now restricted on later decoder models, but I think was still ok on your model 1.

That's it from me, MC should be helping here but as usual make excuses and don't supply capable enough staff to do it right, when they even bother.

Trending

No way of doing it yourself - but MC can copy it for you from one Explora to the other. Just not 100% sure it is confirmed to be possible from an Explora 1 to an Explora 3 but I guess it will be....

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
New poster

How to record content off DSTV Explora

i would like to know if its is possible to get everything that i recorded on my explora onto a hardrive. im going to replace my Explora 1 with the explora 3 and i have alot of music on the explora 1