Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Losing heartbeat to 2nd and 3rd Xtraview Decoder

SOLVED
Anime

Re: Losing heartbeat to 2nd and 3rd Xtraview Decoder

Hi,

Herewith the original setup before i got the diplexers and then after.

In the original setup as soon as I connect a third TV to SLX splitter then the HB is interrupted.

In the second setup the HB gets interrupted when I add the RF out from the primary explora

Highlighted
Showmaxed

Some good thinking, though a bit early to consider disposing of the diplexers - read on.

This thread has not gone well, but could still work out.

If not - I'm now concerned you're getting a double HB, so certainly again better to do without diplexers.

Without them;

The port setting should be on RF Out for all 3 decoders.

Still only one decoder source of TV Link / Aux power.

Re the SLX - with that many outputs I think you'll need to cascade 2 SLX's to do it right, others will know more re them.

Remotes - for any more help needed there you should post as much detail as possible re each viewing environment's needs.

Anime

Smiley Happy also thought the SLX Splitters would work initially. Tried 3 different ones. Finally decided on the diplexers when the heartbeat was lost for the umpteenth time. Still not home yet. Will try the setup without the diplexers and the settings you suggested on Aux power and RF In.

Showmaxed

This is quite a thread I chose to be "casual" with, so will add a few end notes to help with the bigger picture.

It's not standard to do HB via SLNB (or a 24-1Z Switch) when a RF distribution system is in place.

However, this one's complex, mainly in that all 3 decoders are in different rooms and there are 6 viewing environments, and all operational details are not known.

SLX splitters amplify, so unlikely that distance is / was a problem factor, but keeping the RF-distribution and HB systems separate like this can have advantages here which includes other remote sharing options.

Anime

Currently away from home. Can confirm all decoders have TVLink/Aux Power on.

Will let you know when I get home and make the changes.

Thank you.

Showmaxed

BTW, RCU signals sent by TV Link Eyes will only work for the decoder(s) they're "directly" connected to, they cannot be used with the Relaying RCU commands option to related otherwise SLNB-connected or RF-connected decoders. Relaying only works when the remote is pointed at a decoder's f/p (or reaches the f/p via a Remote Blaster / USB Remote Sender).

(Above was edited for clarity.)

All the best with it :-)

Showmaxed

@Eloosifwrote:

1. Diplexer is connected to RFin and on primary explora (& the same for the other 2 decoders).

2. Using TV links in 2 rooms and a Ellies USB remote sender in third room. Receiver is with secondary explora (front panel)

Ok.

I believe the USB Remote Sender will work the same as a Remote Blaster.

Make sure that only one decoder has "TV Link / Aux Power" turned on, primary is best (found in Settings \ System Settings \ Remote Control).

As you're not using f/p Relaying, set "RF Transmit Port" on all 3 decoders to RF In (found in the same menu section). Could possibly help improve the HB, but that's just a theory.

Let us know, but any more will need to come from others :-)

Anime

1. Diplexer is connected to RFin and on primary explora (& the same for the other 2 decoders).

2. Using TV links in 2 rooms and a Ellies USB remote sender in third room. Receiver is with secondary explora (front panel)

Showmaxed

@Eloosifwrote:

Through playing around with the connections I discovered that if I disconnect the RFout on the primary decoder (explora) I can consistently distribute the RF signals (without the primary decoder) to all rooms and the heartbeat works via the SLNB without any interruption. As soon as I connect the RFout the heartbeat goes.

Perhaps a DC Block on that connection might manage the heartbeat.

Ok, I'll have to help a bit further...

How have you got the RF leg of the diplexer connected to the primary Explora 1 - RF In? If also RF Out, how are you joining that with the RF distribution cable?

Also explain how this factor works with the other 2 decoders.

Lastly, how are you planning to use remote controls from distant rooms (if at all) - TV Links, Remote Blaster(s) (difficult as each decoder seems to be in its own room), f/p (front panel) relaying?

Anime

Thank you for the assistance - it is much appreciated.

Both Exploras are the first version. I attached a pic of the same model of diplexer (not Aerial King).

Through playing around with the connections I discovered that if I disconnect the RFout on the primary decoder (explora) I can consistently distribute the RF signals (without the primary decoder) to all rooms and the heartbeat works via the SLNB without any interruption. As soon as I connect the RFout the heartbeat goes.

Perhaps a DC Block on that connection might manage the heartbeat.