cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost all my recordings due to software update

Showmaxed

Re: Lost all my recordings due to software update

Can now confirm that "Just Added" (Blue "DStv" button) is a bug.

New developments:

1. There's a "Sport" search option which I'm sure wasn't there before. Other wanted-by-some search options remain removed.

2. When watching something in the Playlist, with the i-Plate brought up and any (if there's more than just one) of those lines placed in focus, if one then presses the "OK" button it now also offers the option to try find "Other Airings" for the line in question. (Hope that makes sense, not willing to offer a pic on this forum..)

Very nice idea MC, especially if one's lost a bit of the recording. But why don't you announce any of these things??

Showmaxed

Edited for clarity, any more will be in a new post.

My "Just Added" section just has the text-only intro screen, and pressing "OK" as it suggests does nothing.

Will reboot and report if it does anything later after that.

My CU+

Didn't have any titles downloaded so can't check that, but my History's last and this month usage totals were reset to zero (maybe due to a related bug I reported earlier).

My History's old activity info is still displayed.

Showmaxed

My Explora 1 got new software this morning - Load ver/var 93/2.

No problems seen with my recent CU use or my recordings.

Got new CU sections, for the now separated "History Vault" and "BBC Arts & Culture".

Highlighted
Showmaxed

My accessing CU on the older Explora 1 s/w experience got worse still tonight, here's a solution for anyone else having the issue.

Just reporting, not available to discuss.

Decided to watch the new series Deception.

The only CU section it could be found in is the Series one, but that only offered the supposed option to delete.

Solution was to do a search for it and access it via the results, that works fine. Go figure, why is beyond me.

Trending

15356539724951545662069.jpgI hope this was uploaded correctly.

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~

@JeanP - only one way to find out. Can you send us a screenshot of your Information Central, then we'll take it from there. 

Trending

I don't know if my Explora got the update. But I just had the same explora cu issue I press CU and I get we're loading all the titles for you,  a little while later it's fine again 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Showmaxed

(Post was edited for clarity, but nothing was changed.)

@Cya_DStv1  or other Mods, please pass this info on in case aspects of the behaviour seen isn't known yet.

Still on the older Explora 1 s/w, so presume the further update delays are cautionary.

Last night was the worst experience I've so far had with CU on this decoder.

1. While attempting to watch some items on CU in the "You're Watching" section, they all gave some of the problems seen before - unseen items claiming you could resume or start again (neither works), or an offer to supposedly delete the file and nothing else (causes a recoverable s/w freeze).

As in the past, I had to go to the "Series" CU section instead where most access then worked. I didn't even try the "Channels" CU section (at first) as I know it too doesn't work well in various and usually different ways.

2. Like others reported before (on newer s/w), when much later examining the Suits (ch. 101) folder in "Channels", I found all episodes on CU+, yet the mix of CU and CU+ was normal for the series in the other sections.

When I went back to the "Channels" section the series was still in its all-on-CU+ state.

3. This is new behaviour.

Couldn't get this week's Suits to play in "You're Watching" due to behaviour described in point 1 above.

Point 2 above relates to further efforts later, but the main concern in this 3rd point is how the file behaved in the "Series" section;

a.) When trying to play the new Suits episode I was thrown back into viewing the last CU item I had finished watching some time earlier, namely the latest Hard Sun (ch. 101) episode in its folder !

b.) I then found the same behaviour happening in the "You're Watching" section's version of the file.

c.) Nothing tried worked, was going to give up and use the backup recording but the last thing I decided to try did then work - in "Series", I tried to watch last week's episode of Suits, which still worked fine. Then I tried this week's episode again, which now worked. Then I finally tried it in "You're Watching" again and that also worked.

Note that at no time did I do a reboot.

Also, I think these kinds of misbehaviours tend to happen more if it's shortly after a new item that's watched is automatically added to "You're Watching". In this case I had earlier first watched Salvation S02E01 (ch. 101).

Hope this is what's being fixed MC.

Showmaxed

@krugie wrote:

Picked up a new issue with this - not sure when it got introduced. In the past you could manually delete an item by highlighting it and pressing the ARC button - careful, no confirmation is asked for - and then it would re-appear if you watch another episode of the same series. Now I accidentally deleted a series but it is not re-appearing after watching new episodes.

Mine have so far always reappeared, but I also had a new oddity this week - the series folder I was attempting to remove with ARC remained on and one of the ones next to it got deleted instead.

Can't seem to leave today, always so much wrong at MC.....

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

Then we had "What You're Watching" added - also rushed as it was faulty to start, and even though now working some of its performance remains part of the s/w confusion between the Channels / Series sections.

Picked up a new issue with this - not sure when it got introduced. In the past you could manually delete an item by highlighting it and pressing the ARC button - careful, no confirmation is asked for - and then it would re-appear if you watch another episode of the same series. Now I accidentally deleted a series but it is not re-appearing after watching new episodes.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).