cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost all my recordings due to software update

Red Carpet

Re: Lost all my recordings due to software update

If I am reading this correctly, the quick setup will default to 0,1,2.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

EDIT: Although the right portion of the entry screen does explain what to do IF you move the focus to the new menu choice, even with my experience I was confused and lost, did not notice that text until much later.

---------------------------------------------------------

Why does the IS20 list include Mozambique (definitely still uses the northern Africa satellites for its "Bue" Portuguese bouquet), and the list also does not include Lesotho?

This was brought up by us in the past - Mozambique is in the IS20 footprint as well, but they can't subscribe to any of it as Mozambiqueans. Doubt that's changed.

And an interesting off-topic discovery;

I went to look at the Mozambique website to confirm the above, when I came back here all the forum pages were blank until I first revisited S.A. dstv.com

------------------------

EDIT 2: Why is there no Mod on duty to approve my pics, you're supposed to be here all the time until late :-(

I'm really losing interest fast now.

Showmaxed

The other two photos.

Wizard - used step 3(b) of 5.jpgWizard - step 4 (manual settings access) of 5.jpg

Highlighted
Showmaxed

I've been asked to add some photos of the wizard.

MC, suggest you instead name the wizard function; "Installation Adjustment Wizard". Then maybe rather hide the manual settings on the entry screen.

MC, why didn't you include a mention of the new LMX-502 with the Quick Setup? Both items launched by more or less the same department at the same time...

Wizard - step 1 of 5.jpgWizard - step 2 of 5.jpgWizard - step 3(a) of 5.jpg

Showmaxed

There's a new Home Network structure, not terrible but has some bugs...

The first time I went in I saw just the new section added; "Launch Installation Wizard".

Couldn't access any of the usual settings manually, which gave me a scare.

Then couldn't get any channels working, so had to reboot.

Now things made a bit more sense.

Re-entering the menu I realised I must launch the function ("app"), and sure enough it does then give reasonably simple steps, which include then getting access to the manual settings. I aborted before the need to scan etc.

This time I didn't lose channels access, hopefully a once-off glitch only.

MC, lecture time :-(

This is not user friendly - people expect to only need to use wizards as either a first install need or if not feeling competent. They certainly shouldn't replace existing manual usage, and that with no visible explanation.

And then it's buggy...

You are not speaking to the right people.

---------

Re the related automatic setup option - there was another thread this afternoon about it, full of confusion and complexity. Not recommended, but seems to work ok when understood.

Showmaxed

@Optimist wrote:
...every movement in changing the CU sections or tabs [or when making most page changes] results in a screen refresh, in most sections that has each line briefly displaying the replacement word "Loading..." instead.

More about this - so far I think (so it's still only theory), that MC may be using this new method to replace the way the CU pages being viewed kept getting reset to the first page, sometimes every few seconds.

Sure hope so, I'm not seeing that annoying behaviour again at the moment which has especially been a really unacceptable handicap when looking at the "1000" movies.

But then this change which instead causes visual interruptions and delays is not good enough either, and I don't believe professionals can't find a way to keep the info reasonably live without messing with the users' experience of it. I can certainly think of some ways to sort it out already, it surely shouldn't need to be a visible process on the whole which is what's causing the practical problems.

Maybe it's technically inexperienced white collar messing up reasonable plans again? But blue collar themselves have to also be suspect by now... let's seriously hope it's not!

And why did this take so long to try fix??

Edited for clarity - now done.

Showmaxed

@Optimist wrote:

...there's definitely been some CU work involved, although maybe some of you had it before - every movement in changing the CU sections or tabs results in a screen refresh, in most sections that has each line briefly displaying the replacement word "Loading..." instead.

Fortunately it's not slowing the workings down.

Elsewhere someone else reported that this experience was slow for them. Last night I saw why - when moving through multiple pages, especially in the Movies section, it becomes a painfully slow experience.

@Optimist wrote:

So I think this crisis is over in large part...

Based on what others have posted it looks like my personal experiences are wrong. But maybe after a format this will all go away - who knows, MC have chosen not to get involved with this thread. Lovely way to keep customers...

Trending

Having CU issues again 5 times in the last 2 hours. First time in a while  

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
New poster

On Monday night 10/09/2018, my Explora 1 reported the following error on screen E38-42, something to the efect of authorising my service. It stayed on screen until I eventually attempted a self service error code fix. This did not fix the problem immedately and the Dstv services restored in the early parts of Tuesday morning.

Since then, all AV services are functional, timeshifting is possible, recordings are possible and playback is possible with all trickmodes as per normal, however the Explora has lost all Box office titles, catch up titles and applications such as weather, supersport etc. I checked all the signals to the 3 tuners and all appear to be in a locked state.

I performed a reboot, but did not attempt a reset to default. The internet connectivity and showmax application are present, however any attempt to playback a title results in a black screen with rapidly moving timer in the right hand corner.

Showmaxed

@FIFO wrote:

Mine is 93/2 as well. The twitter team advised that i should format the decoder. Isn't that a bit extreme?

Normally that would be extreme advice, but in this case I suspect necessary. The Twitter team have been said to be fairly competent before, better than the basic call centre.

However, a later update could fix the problem and who knows if this action will do enough anyway, so you may want to try wait it out.

Or try a reset without formatting first.

Either way, suggest you first note down whatever settings look important to you, and details of your recordings and schedules.

The blue DStv button bug is "normal" for our update.

Please keep us in the loop, thanks.