Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost all my recordings due to software update

89 REPLIES 89
Showmaxed

Re: Lost all my recordings due to software update

Well, an update that was "quietly" done for legacy decoders as well seems to support our thought about proper Hi band use adjustments.

@Optimist wrote:

I've had my Remote Recording setting off again, haven't seen this problem since...

I've just seen the bug again, so either a change re how frequent the behaviour is or only partially influenced by this setting.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

@Luke7777 wrote:

@Optimist wrote:

Now I get the same CU-being-loaded message sometimes that others have reported, when trying to enter the CU sections

Been having the same from time to time. Will do it, 5 min later it's fine, then 5 min later it's screwed again

I've had my Remote Recording setting off again, haven't seen this problem since...

-----------------------------------

Something else new that we all seem to have missed, who knows when it was added to the s/w;

When in Info Central, pressing the i  button (INFO) now reveals more detail about each line.

The Software line gives interesting further detail, the top line gives the time of your last reboot.

That was also added to the info screen on the Pace 4P! Cant say when it happened though but noticed last weekend when I was having all the fun with my two decoders.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

@Optimist wrote:

@Luke7777 wrote:

@Optimist wrote:

Now I get the same CU-being-loaded message sometimes that others have reported, when trying to enter the CU sections

Been having the same from time to time. Will do it, 5 min later it's fine, then 5 min later it's screwed again

I tend to use that functionality every now and then Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

Expanding the Viewing line tells you if a widescreen signal is present... except it doesn't work, it always says; "No"

*sigh*

Roll Eyes (Sarcastic).jpg

What's the point then MC??Confused.jpgFrown.jpg

Showmaxed

@Luke7777 wrote:

@Optimist wrote:

-----------------------------------

Something else new that we all seem to have missed, who knows when it was added to the s/w;

When in Info Central, pressing the i  button (INFO) now reveals more detail about each line.

The Software line gives interesting further detail, the top line gives the time of your last reboot.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Optimist wrote:

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

Interesting Jan, thanks for the details.

Krugie, very weird - certainly the 93/2 s/w only offers PAL I or PAL BG... so fiddling clearly going on.

One more thing from me - I've insisted on keeping my Remote Recordings setting off (online guide settings) to be difficult :-p

Turned it on yesterday in case it affects my CU+ listings not updating. Now I get the same CU-being-loaded message sometimes that others have reported, when trying to enter the CU sections.

Trending

@krugie wrote:

Mine is the same as @Optimist - also on L93/2. I have taken a photo which I have attached. I couldn't be bothered to ask, beg or wait for pic approval.

I just saw now that my TV Type on the photo says PAL G which confused me so I went back to go and check my settings - which are on PAL I (and there's no PAL G option). Then went back to Info Central and it now says PAL I... Smiley Surprised

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Looking at my screen shot it is noted that the decoder setup type indicate Decoder 2

I will try to explain how that came by.

When I accessed the quick setup menu for the Home Network to get the default values for Decoder 1, 2 and 3 as posted earlier things got quite messed up with all both signal strength and quality dropping to zero on all 3 options. When I exited the setup menu the Tuner Status on the General information screen showed -1 signal and -1 quality .

Back on the home network quick setup I choose Decoder 2 and pressed ok and got the wrong parameter error message. Tried a rescan and got a no signal error message. Switched off the Pace 2P and disconnected it from the SLNB and tried the quick setup again with the same results. Before resorting to a factory reset I tried a full hard reboot. The Explora came alive again and the Tuner Status showed 100%.100%  

I presumed the decoder reset to its default UB settings and decided to leave it at that and to change 2P UB settings but after the 2P rebooted all was back to normal on that decoder. Looking at the Information Central screen I noticed the “Decoder Setup Type : Decoder 2” and realized that somehow somewhere along the line the UB settings changed to the new default values for Decoder 2. In any case both decoder are working and  am happy

This is not something I would advice or try to help someone with because I still do not know how it happened or what I did.

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Highlighted
Trending

Mine is the same as @Optimist - also on L93/2. I have taken a photo which I have attached. I couldn't be bothered to ask, beg or wait for pic approval.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).