cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost all my recordings due to software update

Showmaxed

Re: Lost all my recordings due to software update

No point addressing MC, they won't learn until they crash it seems.

It's enough to turn anyone into a troll.....

BoxOffice

@Jan-Horn wrote:

Ok I tried to be brave, Highlighted Decoder 2 and the default values are user bands 5 8 and 7.Decoder 3 default to 3 4 and 8

But a word of caution. By just high lighting the 3 decoder options things got completely messed up because it did change the user bands resulting in zero signal strength due to the then conflict with the 2P on XV . The only way I could get out of it was to switch off the 2P and do a hard reboot which restored my original user band settings.

I will rather not commend on the quality of the change but I think this information may come in handy when advising solving problems or new installations .  

Just show you no matter how many times you read through what you post a typo can creep in My humble apologies Decoder 2 UB defaults are 5 6 and 7 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
BoxOffice

The moment the conflict arose and the signal strength dropped to zero it became virtually impossible to recover. I was very careful not to press anything that could change any settings because I had a scheduled recording that was just about to start. Once the signal is gone you are in trouble because then you get all sorts of error messages telling you that your parameters are wrong etc. I think I am lucky that the hard reboot retrieved my original settings. But then I decided to give it another go this time with the 2P switched off and I replicated the problem so I am now not sure that conflicting UB with the 2P caused the problem in the first instance. It look like like  a major bug th the software . 

Red Carpet

@Jan-Horn wrote:

Ok I tried to be brave, Highlighted Decoder 2 and the default values are user bands 5 8 and 7.Decoder 3 default to 3 4 and 8

But a word of caution. By just high lighting the 3 decoder options things got completely messed up because it did change the user bands resulting in zero signal strength due to the then conflict with the 2P on XV . The only way I could get out of it was to switch off the 2P and do a hard reboot which restored my original user band settings.

I will rather not commend on the quality of the change but I think this information may come in handy when advising solving problems or new installations .  

Thanks for sticking your neck out! Man Very Happy

So my suspicion is correct! the process is NOT all that good!.  The changes should NOT take effect UNTIL one says OK! And, it is clear that IF you do not switch off the other decoders while fiddlling you will negatively impact on them while making these changes! NOT a very good bit of sw work MC!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

Ok I tried to be brave, Highlighted Decoder 2 and the default values are user bands 5 6 and 7.Decoder 3 default to 3 4 and 8

Edit corrected the typo UB Decoder 2  

Red Carpet

Thanks Jan much appreciated for the additional info.

It would appear that the idea is to continue to dumb down everything, which is actually in the favour of us  committed DIY'rs!

Now if we can just get to a point where we can get the correct process documented, we will be able to advise others when they have problems.

It would be interesting to see what decoder 2 and decoder 3 position show if you want to take the chance!

1: UB 0,1,2

2: UB 5,6,7

3: UB 3,4,8

(Confirmed by Jan)  

Wonder why MC recommends these UB's?  Have they come across some interference issues ??  Not al all surprised if this is the case, as the spacing between these UB settings has always been open to debate!
I think I must have a look at my original analysis again

Based on the above, the HD decoders should reflect as follows:

Series 4 (4U and 4S):

1: UB 

2: UB 

3: UB 

Series 5 ( 5U and 5S)

1: UB 

2: UB 

3: UB 

BUT MC may have just been a little more proactive and NOT allocated any possible clashing UB's

Then the HD decoders should only start at UB 9 upwards ?? 

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@GeoffD wrote:

If I am reading this correctly the quick setup defaults to 0, 1, 2. Did you find that mystical decoder 1 setting? And if so how does one change it if you want to?

And, why no mention of the LMX 502?

And why is the 500 a sep entry from the 24-1Z? As far as the settings go, it is the same as the 24-1Z with the 501 and 502 being the same?

Screen shot of the Explora 2A connected to the SLNB LMX 501. I does give you the option of 3 decoders. I presume it will set the correct users band relative to where in line the specific decoder is. In my case I would go for decoder 2 although the Explora is the primary because the 2P  XV wereInstsll Wiz.jpg left on its default settings of 0 and 1 

Showmaxed

@MC  - Is your previous software issues with VOD content and recordings fixed?

If not, why are you releasing further developments? And why are they also buggy?

To add to that, we had a guy come here this week who's 2A and 2U setup failed on him. Not sure if he was for real, but now realise that suspicion may be due to even the discontinued decoders being adjusted with some of the oddities going on.

Are you now setting things up for the distinct higher Hi Band plans, MC? If so, why can't you tell us that? Is this your forum or isn't it??

Answers shouldn't be expected.

Pathetic.

Showmaxed

Can't go into that section as I'm recording - just entering these decoder menu sections have always cut off the tuners (or visually appears to).

But don't want to anyway, I'm determined to get done with forum helping from tonight as I've committed myself to doing. Sorry it had to end with you Geoff.

Red Carpet

If I am reading this correctly the quick setup defaults to 0, 1, 2. Did you find that mystical decoder 1 setting? And if so how does one change it if you want to?

And, why no mention of the LMX 502?

And why is the 500 a sep entry from the 24-1Z? As far as the settings go, it is the same as the 24-1Z with the 501 and 502 being the same?